Melvins Live @ Hellfest 2011 Video/Recording

Started by Helen83, November 22, 2019, 06:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen83

So as you're all aware the set is on YouTube and the audio is shit-hot which was great as they really were firing on all cylinders with the BB boys that night. On top of that the set-list is brilliant and the live sound is absolutely incredible....you've heard the term capturing lightening in a bottle....the guys were clearly in total control of thunder they'd capture in a bottle that night. I'm convinced amplified bass & guitar is a 2nd cousin of lightening & thunder.....after all it is electric and bands at Melvins level during their live shows clearly contain the outta control thunder clap and manipulate it to fit beautifully in between the rigid rhythmic structure of the drums!!!
And the fit was great in between Coady & Dale.....which brings me to this question....that Hellfest live set should be officially released along with digital video of it. Records & DVD can never capture that magic of the live set but hey popping headphones on and watching the video at full volume gives you an idea of what it is that makes them special live.
The other great thing about that Hellfest set is the fact all those folks getting their skulls pancaked have most probably never actually seen or heard Melvins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFgzPojlwIE&t=1335s
Hear me now!!!

vince furnier

that youtuber is a memeber here. I spoke to him on fb about this video. his buddy filmed it and let him upload it I believe. and the rest as they say, is rock'n'roll history.  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Stonergrunge

I've never been too convinced about the quality of the video on YouTube. The original version on Vimeo looks better:

https://vimeo.com/26757739
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Helen83

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 22, 2019, 08:00:58 AM
I've never been too convinced about the quality of the video on YouTube. The original version on Vimeo looks better:

https://vimeo.com/26757739

Will watch at volume 11 under cans and get back to ya.

Oscar

Agreed, this would be a cool release let alone for the sake of preservation.

I think the mix could use some more work though, it sounds good but I never enjoyed the dead backdrop and cheap drum reverb that often buries the guitars. It's beautifully shot and if the audio matched that, take my money.

surfling

Hands down one of the best 10 shows I've ever been to. And possibly the best Melvins show I've ever seen (and I've seen dozens...). Just a perfect set from beginning to end.

What makes it even greater is the fact that the band had actually flown to Europe just for this one show - flew in, drove to the festival, killed it for one hour, and flew back. Just fucking impressive.

I actually suggested to Buzz once to release it, some years ago. Didn't get much of a reaction. Who knows also what the rights situation is with the festival...
"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

Helen83

They HAVE to get it mastered & pressed up at some point. They'd be mad not to.