King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - Aug 2020

Started by amazonAMAZON, February 24, 2020, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonE5

pre sale was today for my venue and I figured out that "Buzzo" was the code.

von grip

"im ol' south!"

Dumpster D

Quote from: laptop sorcery on February 27, 2020, 10:56:48 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on February 27, 2020, 09:46:08 PM
pre sale was today for my venue and I figured out that "Buzzo" was the code.

:lol:

LMFAO!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

post of the decade!!! for several reasons.

=D>

von grip

Quote from: Dumpster D on February 27, 2020, 08:17:35 PM
Is it just me or has going to concerts been more of a pain in the ass in the last 5 years more than I remember growing up as a kid? 

Like dealing with online bullshit more than anything else...venues have always been kinda been a shit-show of course.

I don't know...honestly I'm Just asking, what about you guys?

Canada isn't really invested in music like in the states man, not anymore at least...we used to, but I don't know what happened.

Like the El club venue had an outside place to sit and chill and cheap beer and pizza and it seemed more down to earth and communal and social...concerts here everyone seems more uptight and "go fuck yourself eh"

the convenience of the previous era Was just me going Down the street to
My local Safeway to Use their ticketsWest outlet and they would print your ticket right there- miss those times for sure
"im ol' south!"

Dumpster D

Quote from: laptop sorcery on February 27, 2020, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on February 27, 2020, 08:17:35 PM
Is it just me or has going to concerts been more of a pain in the ass in the last 5 years more than I remember growing up as a kid? 

Like dealing with online bullshit more than anything else...venues have always been kinda been a shit-show of course.

I don't know...honestly I'm Just asking, what about you guys?

Canada isn't really invested in music like in the states man, not anymore at least...we used to, but I don't know what happened.

Like the El club venue had an outside place to sit and chill and cheap beer and pizza and it seemed more down to earth and communal and social...concerts here everyone seems more uptight and "go fuck yourself eh"

I definitely think so, the simplicity is gone with everything going digital/mobile now and there's def more of a run around ( i mean goddam one hardly gets PHYSICAL tickets anymore)  i really
Appreciate that thE DF offers that still. the convenience of the previous era Was just me going Down the street to
My local Safeway to Use their ticketsWest outlet and they would print your ticket right there- miss those times for sure

That's what I'm talking about!!!  Yes!!! thank you!!!

amazonAMAZON

The last five years has gotten harder. The resale market is 7 billion dollars and automation is cheaper and more capable than ever. So online ticket sellers have to employ ever more cumbersome protective measures. The mass scalping ratchets up end user prices since artists don't generally allow for elastic supply and tickets are often initially priced well under market value.

Boomers are now in their sixties, but still go to concerts they can't even hear anymore. Younger generations haven't slowed down, since experiences and social media drive their priorities. Populations all grew but artists still generally tour the same 10-10 cities.

This all means we have to deal with more shit to get our tickets at inflated prices usually. Only things that look to slow it down are terrorism and modelovirus.

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 28, 2020, 01:46:46 AM
The last five years has gotten harder. The resale market is 7 billion dollars and automation is cheaper and more capable than ever. So online ticket sellers have to employ ever more cumbersome protective measures. The mass scalping ratchets up end user prices since artists don't generally allow for elastic supply and tickets are often initially priced well under market value.

Boomers are now in their sixties, but still go to concerts they can't even hear anymore. Younger generations haven't slowed down, since experiences and social media drive their priorities. Populations all grew but artists still generally tour the same 10-10 cities.

This all means we have to deal with more shit to get our tickets at inflated prices usually. Only things that look to slow it down are terrorism and modelovirus.

The Buzzo tickets are listed for the Toronto show at 28 Canadian Dollars... (Which is more like 20 USD) lets' see what I *really* end up paying which is normally three times that through online scalpers if the venue sells out to those intermediary ticket holder assholes.

I mean THINK about it...20 years ago, TWO DECADES AGO!!!  I pretty much paid that same 24-28 bucks to see the Melvins live and It's not like I had to line up for my ticket...it was totally word of mouth, I'm in a record store buying melvins records and the guys says hey you know they're playing here next month...and we have some tickets under the counter if you want.

Bottom line is things should have IMPROVED for the concert goers and GOD FORBID hard working bands like the Melvins...or am I missing something here?

jonE5

Quote from: Dumpster D on February 28, 2020, 02:00:20 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 28, 2020, 01:46:46 AM

The Buzzo tickets are listed for the Toronto show at 28 Canadian Dollars... (Which is more like 20 USD) lets' see what I *really* end up paying which is normally three times that through online scalpers if the venue sells out to those intermediary ticket holder assholes.

I mean THINK about it...20 years ago, TWO DECADES AGO!!!  I pretty much paid that same 24-28 bucks to see the Melvins live and It's not like I had to line up for my ticket...it was totally word of mouth, I'm in a record store buying melvins records and the guys says hey you know they're playing here next month...and we have some tickets under the counter if you want.

Bottom line is things should have IMPROVED for the concert goers and GOD FORBID hard working bands like the Melvins...or am I missing something here?

I can't stand going to big shows or big venues any more. Honestly feel blessed that Melvins still tour smaller-Mid sized venues and tickets rarely cost more than $25. Rare these days. Very few artists can put on a show that carries through a large arena in my opinion (although some can)
-I also remember being able to go to most record stores (and some department stores) and grab tickets to any show. And even a big show was like $20-$25... I feel old now writing this  :lol: :lol: :lol:

glen

Quote from: jonE5 on February 28, 2020, 07:27:34 AM

I can't stand going to big shows or big venues any more. Honestly feel blessed that Melvins still tour smaller-Mid sized venues and tickets rarely cost more than $25. Rare these days. Very few artists can put on a show that carries through a large arena in my opinion (although some can)
-I also remember being able to go to most record stores (and some department stores) and grab tickets to any show. And even a big show was like $20-$25... I feel old now writing this  :lol: :lol: :lol:

this.  I won't.   ...unless my wife makes me.      tickets are ridiculously priced.  it's very impersonal and the magic is lost, IMO.   

I noticed that the fees for the Detroit buzzo tickets are only $1.20.  so grand total $21.20.  that's what I'm talking about.

BTW: I remember having to go stand in line at the local Hudsons store to get tickets for a show.  if it was a big one you would get there at 9 am and there would be 200 people already in line.
God bless the internet. 

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

spunkmonkey

QuoteBTW: I remember having to go stand in line at the local Hudsons store to get tickets for a show.  if it was a big one you would get there at 9 am and there would be 200 people already in line.

Ah, the good old days.  I remember going there at like 5am to get Dead tickets one time.  I hate getting tickets online because of the bullshit "convenience" fees.  $1.20 is crazy low.  I want to say it's like $13.50 in fees for a show at the Showbox.  Luckily I can go to their box office on my lunch hour and buy tix w/out fees.

I'll only go to a big arena show if someone asks me.  Then I let them deal with getting tickets.

glen

Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2020, 11:35:02 AM
QuoteBTW: I remember having to go stand in line at the local Hudsons store to get tickets for a show.  if it was a big one you would get there at 9 am and there would be 200 people already in line.

Ah, the good old days.  I remember going there at like 5am to get Dead tickets one time.  I hate getting tickets online because of the bullshit "convenience" fees.  $1.20 is crazy low.  I want to say it's like $13.50 in fees for a show at the Showbox.  Luckily I can go to their box office on my lunch hour and buy tix w/out fees.

I'll only go to a big arena show if someone asks me.  Then I let them deal with getting tickets.

the Detroit show is at Third Man Records.  it's not exactly a typical venue.  it's a small record store with an even smaller stage in the back.  I think it's like 200 capacity.   there will be no refreshments.  there will be no alcoholic beverages served.  it's an almost awkward venue that would be more suited for an afternoon show. tickets purchased directly at the third man website.   I'm guessing that's why the service fees are so low.    either way I think it's pretty stinking cool to be seeing Buzzo and T Dunn in basically a room. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

spunkmonkey

Quote from: glen on February 28, 2020, 12:02:16 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2020, 11:35:02 AM

the Detroit show is at Third Man Records.  it's not exactly a typical venue.  it's a small record store with an even smaller stage in the back.  I think it's like 200 capacity.   there will be no refreshments.  there will be no alcoholic beverages served.  it's an almost awkward venue that would be more suited for an afternoon show. tickets purchased directly at the third man website.   I'm guessing that's why the service fees are so low.    either way I think it's pretty stinking cool to be seeing Buzzo and T Dunn in basically a room.

Capacity at the place they're playing here looks to be around 400, which isn't too bad.  Never seen a show there, but it's 100 years old and supposedly "the best sounding room in Seattle".  Really looking forward to it.

Dumpster D

I have purchased TWO...repeat TWO tickets to King Buzz-Fuzz and Trev-meist heist, Toronto June 10th Velvet underground show.

I can't tell you how fun it was...it was not, It took several calls and the Ticketweb page wasn't working right for me (after I filled in all the Name and Address, the next page showed a broken link icon) and Ticketweb.com wanted me to sign up and use a credit card (which I don't have, and it was not made transparent whatsoever that they did not want to use paypal or a debit card etc.) and believe me their website was not loading for me properly. I had to call...that was useless, so was trying to talk to the velvet underground venue guy on the phone too!

...The Ticket web phone guy said the Velvet underground will have physical tickets for sale and told me I should just go there and get the tickets...the Velvet underground phone guy said they DO NOT have tangible tickets for sale...So let me get this straight...you are a venue selling online tickets through another website and neither one of you are in clear communication with one another pertaining to the availability of your tickets? I'd only have to make a 400 mile round trip to the velvet underground from where I live to find out in person they didn't actually have tickets like some random guy on the phone said they would... Good thing I KNOW I can't trust anything anyone says ever. 

Ok, that's no surprise...this is all typical anxiety inducing bullshit...not to mention the home printer is a wireless one and never wants to connect or function propery either which adds much excitement to the thrill of the experience.

That being said:

the online service charge, was like 7 bucks a ticket (tickets were like 28.99 or so plus a service charge for a grand total of 35 bucks a pop) and I only had to give the Ticket web guy on the phone my Debit card number trying desperately to resolve the issue online with their website, and that still resolved nothing, the OTHER guy from the Velvet underground told me on the phone even HE doesn't have a credit card EITHER and his friends have to buy him tickets too!

The ticket web phone guy was more confused that I was!!! He had NO clue, the only reassuring thing was the velvet underground phone guy said that Ticketweb is legit, so OK...fine fine fine.

So I guess on a scale of Giant Dildo's..this was only like a 5 or 6 out of 10 in terms of Girth.

So $ 69.99 CDN for the two tickets and only about a couple hours trying to fuck with printers, and webpages and Telephones this time...I think I got off pretty easy this time but again, this is one battle of many to come. It serves me right for wanting to go have fun at a rock concert though doesn't it?

And yes it's going to take me awhile to pay these off, I had to borrow the money...better pay 70 bucks now plus interest rather than pay THREE times that price to wait until they're sold out and I need to find an online scalper to get them from.

In the meantime, these tickets go on my wall and I will chant and pray to them every full moon until the month of the event is nigh.  :evil:

Dumpster D

This was the screen I got AFTER I spend half an hour dicking around trying to fill in my name and address and having to remove the dash - symbol in the Postal Code was part of the issue in the first place...it didn't want that dash symbol in there.

and no I don't wanna sign up to Ticket web and NO I don't have a Visa card!!! NO I DON'T WANT YOU TO MAIL ME PROMOTIONAL JUNK MAIL OFFERINGS!!!!  :x

I Just want a Ticket to a rock concert man.

on another side note: One cool thing is that is says King buzzo "FEATURING" Trevor Dunn, that's pretty cool.  8)

(the) Razor

Don't click this