HDYF MOFOS!

Started by Helen83, March 16, 2020, 07:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen83

Now here's a tune that really needs more of a light shone on it here....

I've revisited Singles 1-12 discs and holy shit....there is some stuff on it that is just supreme. But if there can be only 1.....it's HDYF. It's a track they really need to present live again as it's their crowning fucking glory....well that's my attitude since revisiting it again haha

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

ilduclo

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

vince furnier

so....Yoko Ono & Sean Lennon...  :-k
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Helen83

I can't think of a more glorious way to end a Melvins live set than this beauty.

Rock'n'roll at its finest.

GiveMe45

It's a good one but my favorite is GGIIBBYY

Helen83

Quote from: GiveMe45 on March 16, 2020, 10:11:33 AM
It's a good one but my favorite is GGIIBBYY

Yes we'll that is the other real highlight out of them all. Another stone cold stunner.

(PAUL)

Arthur Lee song, right? Although I've never been able to track down the original version.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

GrimReaper

I loved this song and made some emails and actually got a fanboy response. Brain documented it in the Wiki. check it out

http://themelvins.net/wiki/index.php/Nasty_Dogs_and_Funky_Kings/HDYF

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

amazonAMAZON

If it had been a nine track album "Lexicon Devil " "Specimen" "GIBBY" "Poison" "Funky Dogs" "Way of the World" "Theme" "HDYF" "FastFwd/Theresa Screams/In The Rain/Double Troubled/Jacksonville" it would be a classic on par with Electroretard or Crybaby. Imagine that Roll Another One style bouillabaisse at the tail end.

Of those songs Lexicon, HDYF, and Specimen are my standouts.

moose

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 17, 2020, 07:46:39 PM
If it had been a nine track album "Lexicon Devil " "Specimen" "GIBBY" "Poison" "Funky Dogs" "Way of the World" "Theme" "HDYF" "FastFwd/Theresa Screams/In The Rain/Double Troubled/Jacksonville" it would be a classic on par with Electroretard or Crybaby. Imagine that Roll Another One style bouillabaisse at the tail end.

Of those songs Lexicon, HDYF, and Specimen are my standouts.
Best version of Leeech too.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

jules

During the year Theresa Screams was released, every show Melvins played should have started with Buzz inviting one female attendee on stage to cover that. I would have taken a year out to see every show if that had happened.