Dale Crover - Piso Mojado

Started by jules, May 26, 2020, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

From Joyful Noise:

Piso Mojado, the new "five sided record" from Dale Crover. The custom lathe-cut design features four distinct spindle-holes, and five corresponding songs. Each record is hand-made, and extremely limited.

'Piso Mojado' is made in the style of Dale's previous insane lathe-cut, 'Skins'. Like 'Skins' and the 'Thunder Pinky' cymbal/record hybrid, this release is limited to just 127 copies, is handmade by our lathe-guru Mike Dixon, and signed by Dale himself. But on 'Piso Mojado', we stepped up our game in the packaging department...

Each copy is packaged inside a super thick, custom designed and built acrylic jacket. Calling it a "jacket" doesn't seem to really do it justice... The thing is 1/2 inch thick and is screwed together with bolts for fuck's sake.

This release will become live for VIP Members at 4pm ET today (May 26), at the following link: https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/piso-mojado. Should there be any copies remaining (and I wouldn't count on it), the release will go public tomorrow morning.

https://youtu.be/ZPjq_1Gfxqw

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

That's Dales Radio DJ voice!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

CoryCory

Should have tossed it in the trash like the Thunder Pinky single.  :lol:

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

These are really cool. I love the design and packaging. I doubt I will ever get to see one up close.

GiveMe45

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 28, 2020, 06:21:40 PM
These are really cool. I love the design and packaging. I doubt I will ever get to see one up close.
Maybe someone who got one will develop a meth habit and put it up on eBay for $20.

Yeah, I really hope that doesn't happen either....

deatheats

Quote from: GiveMe45 on May 28, 2020, 11:30:55 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 28, 2020, 06:21:40 PM
Maybe someone who got one will develop a meth habit and put it up on eBay for $20.

Yeah, I really hope that doesn't happen either....

:lol:

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

GiveMe45

Friday night after a long work week and had a few beers.  Might have to hide my phone soon because I'm thinking bad ideas about my bank account and this particular item....

jules

Quote from: GiveMe45 on July 10, 2020, 10:56:12 PM
Friday night after a long work week and had a few beers.  Might have to hide my phone soon because I'm thinking bad ideas about my bank account and this particular item....
I think it was $127 at JNR.

FYI after two years both Skins and Thunder Pinky sold for their original price and less than the original price respectively....I'm hoping the pink and blue GPT re-releases follow the same trend as I still want them and the current prices are ludicrous.