HAT and GPT reissues up for pre-order!

Started by rimb, November 13, 2020, 12:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: CoryCory on March 14, 2021, 03:44:49 PM
Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on March 14, 2021, 02:08:23 PM
I saw the Melvins with Kevin several times and each time he was different. I will never forget the HAT tour, as they played at a club called North 6 (which eventually turned into the Music hall of Williamsburg). I played that CD to death in the weeks before the show. It was by far my favorite Melvins album to date, and they played most of the album and it was a truly remarkable event. ISIS opened up, I think. Kevin did not play slide bass to my memory. Maybe that was just for the album recording.

Also, for this HAT vinyl release, I think this is the first time Melvins have included lyrics to any of their songs on an album. Amirite?

I know for sure Ozma had lyrics printed for most of the songs
Houdini had the lyrics to Hooch
Senile Animal has snippets of lyrics in the booklet

you're correct
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

Is it all the lyrics, or just snippets? Any mysteries solved?

kingdiamond

Just lyrics to Anti-Vermin Seed and a short essay by Buzz on the album that basically just says nobody liked it when it came out. I think the first time I saw them live was right before this record came out and then the next couple times were on tour for it so it holds a special place in my heart. In my topic 5 Melvins records. The Fool The Meddling Idiot is amazing. They opened with it preceded by Kevin making noise for at least two of the shows I saw. It doesn't hurt that I smoked mad weed and tripped a lot during this period of my life. Haha.

dirtmerchant

Glow in the dark GPT and yellow in pink HAT are back up on Blixt. Second press or just the extras they kept in case of damage or post just losing shit?

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: CoryCory on March 03, 2021, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: PepsiMike on March 03, 2021, 05:52:50 PM
Did anyone read the liner notes for GPT? Buzz gets savage with Lukin!

His hatred for 7 Seconds just comes out of nowhere too. And those comments about THE GOLDEN ERA are hilarious.

I found the Lukin comments hilarious, and I believe that part, but it's funny that nobody at Ipecac or in the band's circle fact-checked Buzz's liner notes. He says he should have called Ben Shepard from Soundgarden to finish the recording of Eye Flys. Umm, Ben joined Soundgarden in 1990 :shock:. Hiro Yamamoto was the Soundgarden bassist in '86. So did Buzz mean he should have called Hiro, or did he know Ben before he was in Soundgarden from Montesano school days, or is Buzz just rattling off bullshit?

Got my lime green copy a few days ago. Looks great, gonna spin it tonight.

Tobias

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 16, 2021, 05:16:35 PM
Quote from: CoryCory on March 03, 2021, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: PepsiMike on March 03, 2021, 05:52:50 PM
Did anyone read the liner notes for GPT? Buzz gets savage with Lukin!

His hatred for 7 Seconds just comes out of nowhere too. And those comments about THE GOLDEN ERA are hilarious.

I found the Lukin comments hilarious, and I believe that part, but it's funny that nobody at Ipecac or in the band's circle fact-checked Buzz's liner notes. He says he should have called Ben Shepard from Soundgarden to finish the recording of Eye Flys. Umm, Ben joined Soundgarden in 1990 :shock:. Hiro Yamamoto was the Soundgarden bassist in '86. So did Buzz mean he should have called Hiro, or did he know Ben before he was in Soundgarden from Montesano school days, or is Buzz just rattling off bullshit?

Got my lime green copy a few days ago. Looks great, gonna spin it tonight.

Ben used to be in the band March of Crimes who the Melvins played with a few times. At the Melvins 1983 shows they covered March of Crimes "Soup Line". So yea they've known each other since the early days.
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?