Buzz talks baseball

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, June 01, 2021, 09:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

https://www.spin.com/featured/musicians-predict-the-2021-baseball-season/

QuoteBuzz Osborne, The Melvins
Los Angeles Dodgers

What's your prognosis for the season?
The Dodgers will win their division. They have a strong team with possible injuries being the only thing standing in their way. It's a long season and injuries are always a factor for every team.

The long-overdue championship has arrived, but does it feel cheap since it was only 60 games?
COVID cheapened everything for everyone however the shorter season actually made every team stronger. They could all go for it full tilt almost from the beginning. I'd say a World Series win with only 60 games is a pretty strong accomplishment. It's especially sweet after they got screwed out of winning the Series by the cheating Astros.

Thoughts on Bauer? Seems like an un-Dodgers signing and seems like...a personality. Will that help or hurt the team?
Bauer is a monster. This Dodger pitching lineup should be terrifying to any team in the league. Good pitching beats good hitting every time. You can pitch around good hitting but you can't hit around good pitching. Bauer can only help the Dodgers.

What are your reasonable hopes? What's the ceiling/floor?
I expect another World Series win, in fact, I DEMAND it. I think they can have over 100 wins easily. Like I said the only thing in their way could be injuries.

Who is your player to watch this year?
I like Walker Buehler, Dustin May and Julio Urias for pitching and Mookie Betts and Corey Seager in the field. Those pitchers are the future of the franchise and I always love big-hitting second base and shortstops. Big-hitting second basemen are as rare as the Dodo bird.

Will they make the playoffs?
Of course they will.

What's your record prediction? Why?
Over 100 wins easy. They're a great team. The only weakness could be the closer Jansen but none of that will matter with big enough leads. I'd rather win by five runs than worry about fucking saves. I hate saves.

What's your World Series matchup?
I want a Dodgers-Yankees series.

If things are safe, would you go to a game in-person this year?
Yes. If things are safe.

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

Dodger suck pump.

.....said the bitter tigers fan.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

CoryCory

I can feel the passion and intensity in these responses for sure!

Jozzy

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

linoleum blownapart

Ha ha. Bitter about the cheating L'Astros.  They all cheat, get over it.
thrower of the bong water balloons

glen

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on June 03, 2021, 05:59:19 PM
Ha ha. Bitter about the cheating L'Astros.  They all cheat, get over it.

hey AJ Hinch is now the Tiger's manager.  so I'm sure he doesn't cheat anymore.  :shock:

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

linoleum blownapart

I thought he had to take a year off, I guess that was last year.  Start banging your trash cans.

I'm sure your tigers will start winning now.  He was a good dude.
thrower of the bong water balloons

PepsiMike

Tigers are cool because Magnum PI endorses them.