Author Topic: Early 2000s interview I stumbled on.  (Read 4553 times)

Offline CoryCory

• descendant of shirley temple
  • 2008 - 2019, 2020 - 2023
    • View Profile
    • Doodlehound
Early 2000s interview I stumbled on.
« on: June 02, 2021, 05:27:48 PM »
Digging through stuff for quick edits on Riffipedia and stumbled on this late 90s/early 2000s interview right after their tour of Japan with Boris and Melt-Banana. To add to the timeline it's around right when Kevin joined, when Fantomas formed and before Colossus of Destiny dropped. The interviewer is Scott Slimm, who recorded countless bootlegs and hosted the ARCHIVE label in the 2000s.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020227100355/http://www.nodzine.com/exp/pWebpage.asp?ID=118

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • Onion Ringoes
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
Re: Early 2000s interview I stumbled on.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »
Thanks for posting!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Online vince furnier

• louisville lip service
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 07:31:19 AM »
thanks for posting this
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 91% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline moose

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 10:33:51 AM »
So much disdain for Voivod!
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Offline CoryCory

• View Profile
    • Doodlehound
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 04:18:09 PM »

And Celtic Frost. Surprised Buzz dug Motorhead for some reason, thought he wasn't into them?

Offline PepsiMike

• 1 ton of Mayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »

And Celtic Frost. Surprised Buzz dug Motorhead for some reason, thought he wasn't into them?
They got ‘shit sandwich’ from a Motörhead story.

I can agree with what he said about Voivod, not so much what he said about Metallica.

Offline hemispheres

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 12:31:44 PM »
Frankly, I'll take Voivod over the Melvins
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

Offline moose

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 06:16:28 AM »
I have to wonder why you guys who don't like the Melvins spend any time/energy on the Melvins message board. Does your mom's basement not get the whole internet or something?
I was thinking about this page and how critical the members here are of the bands’ output over the last 1-2 decades. In comparison, on a lot of those social media fan pages, the members there basically worship the respective artists. I’m glad that the perspective here isn’t always blind worship without discussion. But to your point, it’s definitely interesting how many people have disparaging things to says about the Melvins here.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Offline CoryCory

• View Profile
    • Doodlehound
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »
At least no one's going full psychotic debate or bickering about who's a "true fan" like most juggalo fans from twenty years ago. I used to go full rabbit hole on forums on horrorcore bands in the early 2000s and the amount of vitriol people would spew at each other would be off the rails. Makes even the political debates here look like fluff by comparison.

Also could make an argument on the Triptykon forum being a guilty pleasure to lurk in recent years as many of the fans on that forum were obsessive and a bit creepy about that band.

Offline moose

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 12:12:00 PM »
At least no one's going full psychotic debate or bickering about who's a "true fan" like most juggalo fans from twenty years ago. I used to go full rabbit hole on forums on horrorcore bands in the early 2000s and the amount of vitriol people would spew at each other would be off the rails. Makes even the political debates here look like fluff by comparison.

Also could make an argument on the Triptykon forum being a guilty pleasure to lurk in recent years as many of the fans on that forum were obsessive and a bit creepy about that band.
I find those fan pages on social media can be pretty creepy too.

Offline PepsiMike

• 1 ton of Mayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »
Sometimes a band you like does something you’re not fond of. That fact doesn’t make a person less of a fan. What’s weird is when people expect fans to have 100% allegiance to the band.

Offline Dumpster D

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
Wasn't The voivod comment just plain old fashioned Sarcastic Trolling, anybody?  :?

Offline amazonAMAZON

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »
If Buzz revealed that "See How Pretty" and "Goggles" were actually about the glory of Jesus I would turn on them. (Juggalo reference)

Lots of musicians make unpopular personal choices later on, whether it's politics, ignorant speech, side businesses or side careers. If it's a crime situation (I have to draw the line somewhere. Woody Allen and R Kelly are prime examples for me. But other than that I might lose interest when the music suffers. I generally try not to be biased by a musician's personal life too much.

Offline hemispheres

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 05:10:36 PM »
I have to wonder why you guys who don't like the Melvins spend any time/energy on the Melvins message board. Does your mom's basement not get the whole internet or something?

Who doesn't like the Melvins?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

Offline WGB

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 03:59:07 PM »

Who doesn't like the Melvins?

Most women I meet