Melvins Lord of the Flies

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, December 10, 2021, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Pretty much anything on Louder Than Love is worse than anything on the four albums that followed. It's not terrible, but it's just not the greatness of Soundgarden yet.

PepsiMike

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 01, 2022, 10:29:46 PM
Pretty much anything on Louder Than Love is worse than anything on the four albums that followed. It's not terrible, but it's just not the greatness of Soundgarden yet.
You're just being hyperbolic, right? Hands all over, loud love, are amazing songs.

amazonAMAZON

Yeah, you could say I'm being dismissive for effect.

vince furnier

Louder was my first. a coworker gave me a tape with that on one side and AIC Facelift on the other the same week Nevermind came out. at the time i was mostly listening to Megadeth Rust In Peace, Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced, Metallica, GnR, Bullet Lavolta and stuff like that. when i saw Soundgarden open for GnR i only caught the last 10 minutes but it was so epic i bought a ticket and went to the next night's show just to catch the rest of the set. i bought BadMotorFinger and blasted it all the way there. i wore out both of those tapes delivering pizza that summer.
when i revisit Louder these days i can't stand half of it. it was the goofiest of all their albums vocal-wise. Get On The Snake, Uncovered, Hand All Over, Loud Love and Full on Kevin's Mom are great. the rest is tired or awful.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Stonergrunge

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 01, 2022, 10:29:46 PM

Seriously? What about Gun, I Awake, Power Trip, Full On Kevin's Mom, Hand All Over, Ugly Truth, Uncovered or Big Dumb Sex?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

John Schuller

Louder Than Love is amazing!

Ultramega OK is amazing!

Screaming Life is amazing!

Badmotorfinger is amazing!

Then they went to another level that was also amazing!

I am most fond and love the early Soundgarden stuff. Recently I have finally dived into Down on the Upside and Superunknown. Holy shit. Wow!

amazonAMAZON

Revisiting Louder Than Love it's better than I remember. Half of it is classic Soundgarden, just a little less produced.

But the sludgier parts are a bit laughable. And if there ever was a song that did NOT need a reprise, it's "Full On Kevin's Mom"

John Schuller

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 03, 2022, 10:06:53 PM

And if there ever was a song that did NOT need a reprise, it's "Full On Kevin's Mom"

Hahhaahahaha!!!!!!

vince furnier

Quote from: sadcorps on February 04, 2022, 09:56:43 AM

And if there ever was a song that did NOT need a reprise, it's "Full On Kevin's Mom"

Hahhaahahaha!!!!!!
henceforth, that's exactly why they did it!  :P
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

violent office

- just a little less produced.
- But the sludgier parts are a bit laughable.
- And if there ever was a song that did NOT need a reprise, it's "Full On Kevin's Mom"

wrong x3

coodies

The song title "The Receiver And The Empire State" reminds me of the NFL super bowl where the NY Giants receiver made that amazing catch with the ball against his helmet. Which ruined a bid for the New England Patriots perfect season.

amazonAMAZON

QuoteThe Receiver and the Empire State

I've been wondering about this, too. Is it about New York? Is it politics? Interesting and a bit unwieldy title.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 25, 2022, 09:37:00 AM
Is it about New York? Is it politics? Interesting and a bit unwieldy title.
I took it to be political myself. The song title along with the "we don't know who they are" and the "i just collect what's due" lines made me imagine it was about paying taxes to the Man or something. Being the receiver of a bill and contributing to the empire.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Three vinyl versions of LoF go on sale this Sunday, shoxop
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Von_Grip

'MAGGOT GAGGING GREEN'  :D

sets gone in seconds per usual
"im ol' south!"