Started by ))))((((, October 02, 2022, 06:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryCory

Quote from: vince furnier on October 11, 2022, 07:54:17 AM
Quote from: Oscar on October 11, 2022, 07:05:39 AM
Just saw a Paris show listed on Songkick for next year:

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/34379059-melvins-at-alhambra

EDIT: With Shitkid listed as support  :shock: Which means this is either bullshit or they patched things up
1. - exactly how reliable is that site?
2. - patched things up? after the book of private texts? never!  :lol:

ShitKid are still broke up from the looks of it. Calling BS.

Also thinking Steven will likely be the last Melvins bassist barring a double-drum tour or a Melvins Lite tour happens in the future.

Oscar

Songkick is pretty solid, I use it for tracking certain artists. This seemed legit until I saw ShitKid but they might have not updated the support act since the last Euro tour in 2018? Fuck knows, but I'm on it to investigate further.

EDIT: It's bullshit. As you were.

jimbo666

assume its the same organisers as the recent las vegas emo fests

Nizamark

would love to see skinny puppy, but not enough to go to that fest

amazonAMAZON

Lends more and more credence to the thought that Mike Patton just can't reconcile FNM with his agoraphobia. Guess they'll never make up those FNM dates. I bet Billy and Roddy and co. are still pissed.

Bigval

Man the bill for that festival would be awesome Mr Bungle, Cradle of Filth and the Melvins.

Bigval

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 07, 2022, 04:22:37 PM
Lends more and more credence to the thought that Mike Patton just can't reconcile FNM with his agoraphobia. Guess they'll never make up those FNM dates. I bet Billy and Roddy and co. are still pissed.

Not sticking up for Patton and his tardiness in anyway but those guys owe their whole careers to Patton. FNM was only a small time band before Patton joined and when he did that first album with him exploded and sold millions of copies around the world. The albums after that albeit less popular sold millions too. They broke up in '98 primarily due to friction with Patton over him wanting to also do other projects like Fantomas which would take away from FNM touring opportunities.

Then he agreed to reunite with FNM in 2009 and they all spent the next six years cleaning up financially making more money from touring than they ever had before, they were getting paid hundreds of thousands per show until it abruptly ended in 2015. They should be kissing his ass really but when the second reunion got cancelled last year they made it obvious in the statement they weren't happy with Patton pulling out and Patton has since said in interviews they're still shitty with him, he hasn't spoken to any of them since and that it's probably unlikely they will ever get back together again.

The whole joining FNM thing was really just a move by Patton to shine a spotlight on Mr Bungle, he was going to bail on the audition but Trevor Dunn convinced him to go ahead with it for that reason.

))))((((

In that recent band interview i thought it brought up some interesting points as far as what we may be in for next year. Firstly Buzz mentioned recording another solo album, but he said it in a weird way. It was hard to say whether he was referring to Gift Of Sacrifice, Kingdunn or a brand new one. Then Dale mentioned working with guests. We know about Ministry drummer Roy Mayorga and now seemingly the Void Manes stuff but could there be something else on the way too?

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on November 26, 2022, 03:26:51 PM
In that recent band interview i thought it brought up some interesting points as far as what we may be in for next year. Firstly Buzz mentioned recording another solo album, but he said it in a weird way. It was hard to say whether he was referring to Gift Of Sacrifice, Kingdunn or a brand new one. Then Dale mentioned working with guests. We know about Ministry drummer Roy Mayorga and now seemingly the Void Manes stuff but could there be something else on the way too?
i wish they had a supergroup with a revolving door of guest members like Pigface or Revolting Cocks for this kind of stuff. there would be more varied track lists on an album switching between lineups and sounds but it would be possible to release stuff on a quicker schedule.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

I've decided that next year i really want to see the band live! I would be shocked if there isn't a UK section of the tour in Summer 2023. Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham something like that. Maybe then i can finally post in the 'How Many Times Have You Seen Melvins Live' thread!!!

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 07, 2022, 01:51:55 PM
I've decided that next year i really want to see the band live! I would be shocked if there isn't a UK section of the tour in Summer 2023. Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham something like that. Maybe then i can finally post in the 'How Many Times Have You Seen Melvins Live' thread!!!

it was time!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jimbo666

Playing Hellfest, Clisson FR Sunday 18th June

))))((((

You guys seen the latest Ipecac post that simply stated "2023"? Seems we are getting something Melvins from them this year!!!

linoleum blownapart

Do you think what they recorded with Gary Chester will come out this year?
thrower of the bong water balloons

))))((((

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on January 07, 2023, 09:04:11 AM
Do you think what they recorded with Gary Chester will come out this year?
Difficult to say. If they are only just recording with him now it's anyone's guess!