Melvins 40th anniversary vinyl editions for sale

Started by baruk, December 08, 2022, 12:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

amazonAMAZON

Mackie's new GPT image is my favorite for this title yet!

Tobias

Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

baruk

I wonder if the Senile Animal pressing is different than the ipecac one that came out in 2021/2022. It seems like this one is a single lp while the Ipecac was 2lp.

))))((((

Yeah but it's not 40 years until next year! They are nice new covers by Mackie though. It's a bit weird or surprising that this is done through Revolver magazine.

baruk

amazonAMAZON

Well Revolver has smartly rebranded as a vinyl and tchotchke shop recently. Melvins is perfect fodder for their high margin campaigns

rimb

Just got the Bullhead one as I've bought GPT and Senile Animal a little too recently,

Also, these new "covers" are just kind of slip cases/wraps it seems with the normal cover underneath

jules

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on December 08, 2022, 01:27:58 PM
Mackie's new GPT image is my favorite for this title yet!
Video killed the radio star  Mackie O's killed the gluey porch kids!

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Quote from: baruk on December 08, 2022, 04:45:50 PM
I wonder if the Senile Animal pressing is different than the ipecac one that came out in 2021/2022. It seems like this one is a single lp while the Ipecac was 2lp.

That occurred to me as well, but it did not stop me from buying it. I have a feeling it will also be a 2xLP (or maybe best of Senile Animal?)
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

baruk

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on December 09, 2022, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: baruk on December 08, 2022, 04:45:50 PM

That occurred to me as well, but it did not stop me from buying it. I have a feeling it will also be a 2xLP (or maybe best of Senile Animal?)

I was actually hoping it would be a different pressing, as I read that the Ipecac pressing just sounded like a digital transfer. For an album that only runs 41 minutes, a single lp is fine, with 20 minutes on each side. The 45 rpm for the Ipecac pressing seemed like overkill to me (and apparently didn't improve the sonics all that much).

vince furnier

the album was recorded in protools 16 years ago. was never mixed or mastered for vinyl anyway. those days are over except for weirdos like Jack White and Trent Reznor. how does the original 4 disc vinyl pressing sound?
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

baruk

Quote from: vince furnier on December 10, 2022, 08:06:48 AM
the album was recorded in protools 16 years ago. was never mixed or mastered for vinyl anyway. those days are over except for weirdos like Jack White and Trent Reznor. how does the original 4 disc vinyl pressing sound?

I agree with you to an extent. Vinyl sales surpassed cd sales last year, and will probably do so again this year. Also, since they seem so keen on putting out these boutique vinyl releases on AmpRep (and the prices they sell for), it does seem that they should have a passing interest in mixing/mastering their music for vinyl.

I'd be curious to hear those original 4-lp sets as well. My guess is those were mixed and mastered for that particular medium.