Houdini

Started by cooter, October 12, 2003, 02:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eponymous

Quote from: LividitySweet, an extra track!

And how is that track by the way?
It was also on the Hooch single. Great cover.

Eponymous

Quote from: Vcavalloi just got my copy of Houdini on vinyl which i found on the internet.
apparently this vinyl wasn't released commercially and was not available to the general public...  does anyone know the true history of houdini on vinyl?  is this right and it is super-rare, or was the seller dicking me over?  either way it's pretty cool.

Ebay

Beto Brasil

Quote from: Dog Tiredta da

i WANNA one !!!! :cry:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Vcavallo

Quote from: Eponymous
Ebay

awww.....lllaaammmmeeee.  i thought it was one(or at least 50) of a kind.  i guess nothing in this crazy world is these days.  shucks
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Mesteren

I'm sorry to say it, but it's not particularly rare. When it came out my recordshop had loads of it.

Funny thing is that it's not mentioned in the official Amphetamine Reptile discography and the # doesn't fit in with any other AmRep releases.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

Dog Tired

it's rare enough these days.

Vcavallo

Quote from: MesterenI'm sorry to say it, but it's not particularly rare. When it came out my recordshop had loads of it.

Funny thing is that it's not mentioned in the official Amphetamine Reptile discography and the # doesn't fit in with any other AmRep releases.

well the guy i bought it from said that it was some special promo edition that they found in their bosses desk after the rest of the store had a mutiny against him and he left.  i think the promotional nature of it explains the punched out little notch in the right hand side.  does that make it virtually valueless?  or are promos considered rarer?  i have a promo stag CD as well
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

anaconda

That little notch means it was destined for the delete bin

Mad Arab

It's been said that Ozma is really about Dale's drumming and that Gluey Porch Treatments shows Buzz''s nasty, raw guitar playing. Houdini then must be about the bass playing as it features some really great and catchy bass lines throughout with the exception of Spread Eagle Beagle, of course. Although when hearing the Melvins uninitiated for the first time Dale's drumming is the first thing that really stands out. Houdini in particular was the first Melvins album I heard and I was floored by the powerful beginning of Hooch, but after becoming accustomed to the professionalism and quality of the Melvins output, you do notice a great many other things to appreciate about their musicianship. Just saying that Houdini is a great album is an understatement. 

bUTTHOLEmAN

Jiminy crickets, this is a great album.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Buick GN

Quote from: Vcavallo on July 26, 2005, 04:05:20 PM
well the guy i bought it from said that it was some special promo edition that they found in their bosses desk after the rest of the store had a mutiny against him and he left.  i think the promotional nature of it explains the punched out little notch in the right hand side.  does that make it virtually valueless?  or are promos considered rarer?  i have a promo stag CD and THE interview, as well

Buick GN

BC

Awwwwww!  For someone who "is not that familiar with the album",  I thought his review was great!
What modesty.

camaroballa22

that kids sucks.
He calls Dave Grohl superior to Dale.
FREAKING Rock Moranis! Someone take that stupid link down! I hate seeing his face.
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."