The End (2003)

Started by mumu, April 28, 2005, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGH

Quote from: bathroom creep on January 26, 2008, 01:10:04 PM
I was surprised as well that I got my lp that fast.  I thought the people in the US would get theirs first.

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on January 26, 2008, 09:20:44 AM
Here is a scan of my sticker

http://geneticdisposition.com/gfx/msgboards/melvinssticker.jpg
I like that hindu sticker even better. 

And I didn't get any 7".  Seems like everyone got one.. ?

It seems they just randomly give things away? I still need to listen to the CD and the LP.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Eponymous

I also ordered the Wooden Octopus Skull CD & Mag. They gave me two, as well as a Larsen CD and a Gravitas CD (no sticker, though).

the bloat

Wow. That is random. It sounds like everybody got something different!

I just the got the stickers and a Gravitron CD, which I haven't got past the first song yet. It's Ok.....

The only 7" I got is in my pants!

JJ

hows the wooden octupus CD? - was eying that one  up

Quote from: Eponymous on January 26, 2008, 11:43:43 PM
I also ordered the Wooden Octopus Skull CD & Mag. They gave me two, as well as a Larsen CD and a Gravitas CD (no sticker, though).

jgarver

Anyone here get #467? I ordered two of these at the same time, and got #466 and #468. Just thought that was a little odd.
quod erat demonstrandum.

Eponymous

Quote from: JJ on January 27, 2008, 01:52:38 PM
hows the wooden octupus CD? - was eying that one  up

Quote from: Eponymous on January 26, 2008, 11:43:43 PM

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll let you know.

Chief Ten Beers

Finally. :cheers: Got it today. I can relax now. #263/500. This LP rocks your balls off. :shock: I like the little inscribed message on the vinyl between the last song and the center label. Side A says "Watch this!" Side B says "You're doing it man, you're doing it". :lol:

Mad Arab

What do you all know about this Gravitar CD?

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Joey D. on January 29, 2008, 05:01:05 PM

It's sitting on my kitchen table right now. Probably will be awhile before I check it out.

Eponymous

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 29, 2008, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: Joey D. on January 29, 2008, 05:01:05 PM

It's sitting on my kitchen table right now. Probably will be awhile before I check it out.

This one?: http://www.discogs.com/release/948856

(PAUL)

Yeah that one. They couldn't think of any other names for the tracks?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Leroy

Is "The End" going to be released on CD?  Seems like such a low amount pressed for such a high demand.  Economically it would make sense.

glen

Quote from: Leroy on March 07, 2008, 09:04:25 AM
Is "The End" going to be released on CD?  Seems like such a low amount pressed for such a high demand.  Economically it would make sense.

highly doubtful.

I think the intention here was to give the most intense of collectors a second shot at this after its original release on cassette.    I think enteruption records had more to do with this re-release than the MELVINS actually did.    all MELVINS had to do with it was giving permission to enteruption to release it.   plus most likely a cut of the sales.   beyond that it was enteruption's baby.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

anaconda

It's already been released on cassette, and it's been bootlegged on CD at least twice that i know of.

Leroy

Where can i get one of these bootleg cds?  Where can I download it?