the band name

Started by THE DON, July 17, 2005, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Tired

:lol: I thought it was his gym teacher, dammit i'm getting bands mixed up now.

Vcavallo

Quote from: MuzzyI heard that Buzz used to work at this store and there was this guy that no one liked and his name was Melvin, so they named the band after him?

indeed.  they thought they best way to piss him off would be to name their weirdo band after him.  i think they were right, too.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

jeremy

I've also heard that a guy named Melvin was caught stealing christmas trees.

Vcavallo

yea, i recalled something about christmas too.  my memory, however, said that the employee (melvin) ripped down the christmas decorations because he was such a curmudgeon.

anaconda

I don't buy that story! buzz is having you on, the name MUST be about the front wedgie! its also known as 'the beaver' :P

Also, i'd like to extend a welcome to vincenzo
as he enters the inner sanctum of the board lords.. yadda yadda
HAHAHHAHA

Vcavallo

why thank you anaconda. i appreciate the induction.
it is too bad my first day was greeted with intense hostility as i made a few large mistakes in that d--m thread.  eep.  in fact, i believe the webmaster was called a retard for "moderatoring" me.  i didn't think that was too cool.
but i am glad to be of service.  its the only way i can give back to this fertile land that has treated me so well these years.

Lividity

I have also heard that a guy met Dale Crover and Dale told him about a guy named Melvin, except this wasn't the guy at the store, he'd paint sheep or something and he'd get stuck on buildings by himself and call for help. This might be some story he made up, I dunno.

klump

just read THE BOOK. the dan raymond part :)

mumu

Quote from: klumpjust read THE BOOK. the dan raymond part :)
Which book?
It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Vcavallo

Quote from: mumu
Quote from: klumpjust read THE BOOK. the dan raymond part :)
Which book?

there are multiple melvins books?

on that topic, has anyone here NOT YET seen "neither here nor there"?

norecess

Me.

Please don't hate me.

Vcavallo

i wouldn't hate you, i just feel bad for you.  if i had an electronic copy i'd email it to you.  but i don't.....does anyone?

norecess

Don't worry, I'll buy it one day anyway.

norecess

And today is the day, I just ordered it, with a doggy t-shirt. I checked out your website, which refers to this website's front paage and I noticed an add on the right that said 'Melvins t-shirts'. One of the links refered to the Ipecac store and so I noticed the book and thought 'What the heck, why not?'.

Damn hash.. [edit]in combination with credit cards[/edit]