LYSOL

Started by Marilyn, October 24, 2003, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Ebeneezer

Nah, I hear you, man...I'm a bit of a completist myself but I'm resigned to the fact that I cannot possibly own every Melvins release so I tend be content with just having the music itself rather than the memoribilia that accompanies it.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

TOOL

Thanks man.  I know that there's no way I could ever own everything the Melvins have put out.  Well, maybe if Buzz became my personal slave.  Call me pessimistic, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

BTW, do you know where your signature comes from?  I'm guessing you do.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

Reverend Ebeneezer

What, the quote? Gruntruck's faulous 1992 stompalong 'Tribe' be where the sentiment emerges...

TOOL

Sorry man, nothing against you and I'm not trying to put you down in any way, but it actually comes from the song "Almost Cut My Hair" by CSNY in 1970 (written by David Crosby).  He sang "feel like letting my freak flag fly".  The album was Deja vu.  I don't know, but it's possible he got the line from somewhere else before he wrote the song.  Of course, he's always been so stoned I doubt that he can remember lyrics from other peoples songs.

If I knew as much about other things as I do about music, I'd be a millionare.

All this shit is just stuck in my brain!
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

Eponymous

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "If 6 Was 9", 1967

Reverend Ebeneezer

Ah, y'see I've only heard that Crosby song once and don't really remember it...

TOOL

I've been busted big-time!  I can't believe I forgot about the Hendrix song!  I'll be kicking myself for the next week.

Thanks man!

I feel like an idiot.

Eponymous

Quote from: DudbeanAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

TOOL wrote:

QuoteLast week I went to the dentist
He pulled some teeth and I lost some blood
I'd like to thank you for the cards you've sent us
My wife and I are all choaked up

I can't think of what song this and who it's by, and it's driving me fucking crazy!! I know it!! I think I might even own it. I want to say The Jesus Lizard but I don't think that's right. Someone please help me through this painful episode!
Neil Young - "Sedan Delivery"

Eponymous

Quote from: TOOLI've been busted big-time!  I can't believe I forgot about the Hendrix song!  I'll be kicking myself for the next week.

Thanks man!

I feel like an idiot.
Hey that's alright. Credit where it's due and all that.

It may well date to before the Hendrix song, I don't know. It does seem to fit in very well, though.

TOOL

Eponymous,

I'm impressed by your musical knowledge!  I had serious doubts that anyone here would know that!

Now I need to come up with something new.

Eponymous

Quote from: TOOLEponymous,

I'm impressed by your musical knowledge!  I had serious doubts that anyone here would know that!

Now I need to come up with something new.

Awww, shucks.

Anonymous

I paid over $70 for my sealed original first pressing.
Was it worth it?

turnacuss

sure if you enjoy it

Eponymous

Quote from: turnacusssure if you enjoy it
and don't open it.

TosT

Quote from: Eponymous
Quote from: turnacusssure if you enjoy it
and don't open it.

so don't enjoy it :)