Melvins/Big Business 2006

Started by Michael, November 14, 2005, 12:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Information concerning the melding of Big Business and the Melvins from an interview with Jared in Disheveled Magazine:

"We went down to L.A. in January 2005 and that ended up turning us into more permanent members of the band.

rimb

Australian tour!   Fantastic news   :D

Thanks for posting that.

steveybabes

They arn't realy as active as they used to be !!!!!!!!
there seems to be at least two melvins related released each year at the mo.... I remember way back when I was but a teen when you'd be lucky if you got your ears around a new recording within two years! silly man.

anaconda

I think he meant touring wise, they used to do over 200 shows a year
back in the day, it's dropped down considerably now to about 30 or 40
shows a year

steveybabes

boy is my face red..... thanx anaconda   :P

Hateyouhumans

disheveled was so embarassing when their first issue came out, but the new one kicks ass... not sure about the journalism, at this point, but having BIG BUSINESS & THE RUBY DOE on yr cover doesn't hurt...
Before beauty dissapears entirely from the earth, it will go on existing for a while by accident.
-Milan Kundera

GrimReaper

I just drank the last of my cachaca and I am convinced Beto is communicating with me telepathicaly or by secret satilite.

A qualidade faz a nossa diferenca.....

If by satilite, I suspect he is using a Brazilian satalite to beam this information into my head.

The satilite's orbit must pass close enough to my co-ordinates to send me information every 24 hours and I consistantly get these massages:

Destilada em Alambiques de cobre martelado, totalmente isenta de aditivos quimicos, seguindo os mesmos padroes seculares que fizeram da cachaca mineira simbolo nacional.

To aide in the information transfer I have covered the wall of my bedroom with Reynold's aluminum foil. In addition I made big aluminum foil balls wrapped around common clothes hangers and suspended them in my room to assit in Beto's communication.

Velho Barreiro

klump

Quote from: anaconda on November 14, 2005, 03:15:51 PM
I think he meant touring wise, they used to do over 200 shows a year
back in the day, it's dropped down considerably now to about 30 or 40
shows a year

they have dropped THAT much??  :(

dildor

This should be interesting. Hurry up and come back to Texas! They booted Kevin out right before they were going to play my hometown of Austin....

DubEMC

Quote from: GrimReaper on November 18, 2005, 03:02:04 AM

I just drank the last of my cachaca and I am convinced Beto is communicating with me telepathicaly or by secret satilite.

A qualidade faz a nossa diferenca.....

If by satilite, I suspect he is using a Brazilian satalite to beam this information into my head.

The satilite's orbit must pass close enough to my co-ordinates to send me information every 24 hours and I consistantly get these massages:

Destilada em Alambiques de cobre martelado, totalmente isenta de aditivos quimicos, seguindo os mesmos padroes seculares que fizeram da cachaca mineira simbolo nacional.

To aide in the information transfer I have covered the wall of my bedroom with Reynold's aluminum foil. In addition I made big aluminum foil balls wrapped around common clothes hangers and suspended them in my room to assit in Beto's communication.

Velho Barreiro

Send me some of what you've got Grim!!!

Bitches of Copacabana

I hope this isn't just orgasmic wishful thinking... but if they're constructing a monster kit for two drummers...

just maaaybe they'll play "Divorced" live, I'd love to see that
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."