melvins remix album to be released on ipecac this fall

Started by cooter, August 21, 2003, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KURDTLUVUR!

Honky sucks, and Electro retarded is not very good.  Let's call a spade a spade, folks.
May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

Idlehanz

Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on February 04, 2007, 09:36:24 PM
Honky sucks, and Electro retarded is not very good.  Let's call a spade a spade, folks.

I couldn't disagree more.  Especially about Honky

seas of luck

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 04, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

Seconded.  Honky has a few of my favorite Melvins songs and Electroretard has a Cows cover!

KURDTLUVUR!

Quote from: seas of luck on February 04, 2007, 10:15:02 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on February 04, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

Seconded.  Honky has a few of my favorite Melvins songs and Electroretard has a Cows cover!
Sure, I could pick good songs off of each of them.  But as a complete album, they're not up to par.  They don't flow well.  The weakest of the melvins catalog.

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Vcavallo

Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on February 04, 2007, 10:28:43 PM
Sure, I could pick good songs off of each of them.  But as a complete album, they're not up to par.  They don't flow well.  The weakest of the melvins catalog.

you are out of your mind.  Honky is one of their most well put together albums.  there are a few songs that i like to LISTEN to more than others, but you must admit that Honky is incredibly cohesive and the way the songs flow is perfect.  When i think of Honky i get a very distinct - though indiscernible feeling.  stoner witch, houdini, etc they don't do that they way Honky does.
it's perfect and you know it.  get a hold of yourself.

Electroretard....well....you're right about that one.  it's a big circus and sometimes it sucks. 

....but honky?
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Haggardsue

Honky and electroretard are both ace however i find myself as interested in a remix album as i was with the tribute album. not very.

I can't keep my hands off them...... what?...... my arms.

glen

I'll be curious to hear what songs are offered up.  I wonder if anything from (a)sa will make it.

ya think mark D, joe P, or kev R will get a cut of the $ for this?

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

KURDTLUVUR!

Quote from: glen on February 05, 2007, 07:55:09 AM
I'll be curious to hear what songs are offered up.  I wonder if anything from (a)sa will make it.

ya think mark D, joe P, or kev R will get a cut of the $ for this?

I doubt any past members see a dime from royalties, etc.   

glen

so, what then?  melvins bassists sign a deal that they will only recieve royalties while in the band. and if they ever leave the band or are fired they then give up all rights to any music which they recorded whilst employed by the melvins?

a curious thought.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

___-----_____------_____

Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

norecess

Quote from: glen on February 05, 2007, 02:01:43 PM
so, what then?  melvins bassists sign a deal that they will only recieve royalties while in the band. and if they ever leave the band or are fired they then give up all rights to any music which they recorded whilst employed by the melvins?

a curious thought.

I love to think the Melvins don't work with contracts. They don't sign. Please, don't spoil my thought.

ManWithNoName

You're all fucking whack. electroretard is great.

anaconda

i expect re-recordings like electroretard not just remixes per se.

(PAUL)

I'm guessing the Melvins themselves aren't actually involved in this, but I could be wrong.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo