melvins remix album to be released on ipecac this fall

Started by cooter, August 21, 2003, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Green Honey


black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

TheSwingSet

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Idlehanz

Sounds more like an "add drums samples to" album and not a "remix" album.

Green Honey


black stallion

Quote from: Green Honey on October 05, 2009, 05:44:46 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 03, 2009, 07:38:43 AM
Quote from: Razor on October 02, 2009, 02:35:58 AM
...
4) Slowed down the (A) Senile Animal record by 10%
...

:idea:

Slow by 5% - sounds like how it should sound.  :lol:
i have no problems with the speed of ASA but i haven't tried so maybe it's better as you say
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Green Honey

Quote from: black stallion on October 05, 2009, 05:47:39 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 05, 2009, 05:44:46 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 03, 2009, 07:38:43 AM
Quote from: Razor on October 02, 2009, 02:35:58 AM
...
4) Slowed down the (A) Senile Animal record by 10%
...

:idea:

Slow by 5% - sounds like how it should sound.  :lol:
i have no problems with the speed of ASA but i haven't tried so maybe it's better as you say

I always thought it sounded a bit rushed. Thanks for the tip, Razor!

FartLips

Quote from: Green Honey on October 05, 2009, 06:16:31 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 05, 2009, 05:47:39 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 05, 2009, 05:44:46 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 03, 2009, 07:38:43 AM
Quote from: Razor on October 02, 2009, 02:35:58 AM
...
4) Slowed down the (A) Senile Animal record by 10%
...

:idea:

Slow by 5% - sounds like how it should sound.  :lol:
i have no problems with the speed of ASA but i haven't tried so maybe it's better as you say

I always thought it sounded a bit rushed. Thanks for the tip, Razor!
the guy's pretty sharp! :P
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(the) Razor

Well in the graphics industry as a final touch on an image people usually add more contrast/saturation to the image than normal to make it stand out.

So I wouldn't exactly be surprised in the music industry if they try and make records sounding more "punchy" by speeding it up a little bit.

Now go try the same thing on charmaramaracarrot.   :lol:

Don't click this

Like Stee

Quote from: Razor on October 06, 2009, 03:10:52 AM
Well in the graphics industry as a final touch on an image people usually add more contrast/saturation to the image than normal to make it stand out.

So I wouldn't exactly be surprised in the music industry if they try and make records sounding more "punchy" by speeding it up a little bit.

Now go try the same thing on charmaramaracarrot.   :lol:


Typically music is mastered as loud as it possibly can be so that it "stands out" when it comes on the radio.  Pretty much all music is mastered this way now though, so nothing stands out.  It also usually incorporates so much compression that the dynamics are completely gone.

I've never heard of anyone speeding the music up to make it stand out.  Typically you wouldn't want to time compress a file since you'd be eliminating digital information at a rate that doesn't come out mathematically even to the sampling rate, so there would probably be some digital inconsistencies that may be audible.  With tape if you sped it up you'd also be raising the pitch and change the key that all the music is in...  That said I'm sure someone's tried both.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Green Honey

Quote from: Razor on October 06, 2009, 03:10:52 AM
Well in the graphics industry as a final touch on an image people usually add more contrast/saturation to the image than normal to make it stand out.

So I wouldn't exactly be surprised in the music industry if they try and make records sounding more "punchy" by speeding it up a little bit.

Now go try the same thing on charmaramaracarrot.   :lol:



I doubt that's the case. They rush it even more live.
Big Business, Big Mistake.   :mrgreen:

Dale_Nixon

you should change the subject to "melvins remix album to be released on ipecac is epic fail"

seriously shitty
CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.

the ether bunny

Quote from: Green Honey on October 06, 2009, 05:23:46 PM
Big Business, Big Mistake.   :mrgreen:

i  think JZS and myself might me the only ones on this board that think the big melvins lineup is the best ever. i personally hope they have another few albums left in them. dunn  would be an awesome replacement, but i highly doubt he'd relocate from NYC to hollywood to join them.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
he was a mongoloid.

Green Honey

Quote from: the ether bunny on October 06, 2009, 05:35:14 PM
Quote from: Green Honey on October 06, 2009, 05:23:46 PM
Big Business, Big Mistake.   :mrgreen:

i  think JZS and myself might me the only ones on this board that think the big melvins lineup is the best ever. i personally hope they have another few albums left in them. dunn  would be an awesome replacement, but i highly doubt he'd relocate from NYC to hollywood to join them.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm quoting Buzz; half-joking.
Personally I think it would have been a good idea for a one-off bit of fun, rather than lasting 5 years.

Dale_Nixon

on the song Over from the under dog, Girl & Boy Treatment what melvins song is that mixed with?
CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.