melvins remix album to be released on ipecac this fall

Started by cooter, August 21, 2003, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooter

i'm betting the re-mix album is electroretard rereleased on ipecac records.

bloodofawig

The remix album is not Electroretard. It is a collection of remixes of Melvins songs. Merzbow is doing a rexix, so is Matmos. I am not sure who else is involved.

cheeseburger

Quote from: bloodofawigThe remix album is not Electroretard. It is a collection of remixes of Melvins songs. Merzbow is doing a rexix, so is Matmos. I am not sure who else is involved.

so has anyone heard antmore about this remix album? i am very interested in hearing a merbow remix...although i don't know why, just the thought of good ole masima having his way with melvins. who else is on this...ugh...its driving me crazy...i gotta know!!!

brian

Quote from: cheeseburger
Quote from: bloodofawigThe remix album is not Electroretard. It is a collection of remixes of Melvins songs. Merzbow is doing a rexix, so is Matmos. I am not sure who else is involved.

so has anyone heard antmore about this remix album? i am very interested in hearing a merbow remix...although i don't know why, just the thought of good ole masima having his way with melvins. who else is on this...ugh...its driving me crazy...i gotta know!!!

if you are a fan of electronic/noise music you are going to be very pleased with this release, i cannot wait for it myself.  it's coming out on ipecac and just needs to be mastered, not sure when it's going to be released yet though.  this has some true all-stars of the sort involved.

MPD

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Quote from: MPDis this still on?

this is the first I have heard of it. where did you get the info?
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

turnacus

Its just a remix of Melvins shit by Merzbow i believe.
Van Hagar

anaconda

merzbore more like it. pffft

turnacus

Yeah i mean, definently PIgs woulda kicked more ass without dull ass Lustmord, I don't see why the same logic wouldnt apply here.
Van Hagar

MPD

Quote from: turnacusYeah i mean, definently PIgs woulda kicked more ass without dull ass Lustmord, I don't see why the same logic wouldnt apply here.

your theories, how do they get so sound?!?

Leroy

Merzbow blows.  I can't believe how much hype a crap band like this is getting...

No wonder why Merzbow has like 26 fans.

Cloud

From the Acid Mothers Temple website:

QuoteA Melvins remix album including a remix by Kawabata Makoto is due for release. The label has acclaimed Kawabata's remix as the "loudest and heaviest" on the album.

I'll admit that I haven't been paying much attention lately but this is news right? Or am I that far out of the Melvins loop? Can someone fill me in on the details please?
Just like your mum does.

Random fact  # 16: All the Misfits best songs start with the letter H.

Joe Deutrom

Its news to me. Depends on who else will do the remixing. 

anaconda

There's been talk of it off and on for a few years now. Most of us expected
the remix release would be in Neither Here Nor There, but as you know it
wasn't.

klump