Melvins/BB US Tour 2006

Started by blacksanta, July 06, 2006, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

Quote from: norecess on July 27, 2006, 01:49:52 PM
Shit, that must be an awesome feeling.

its only a matter of time before I see DEEEETROIT.  then let the euphoria take over.  plus I believe I will hit cleveland as well so I'll be doubling up on the dopamines. YEARGH!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

Quote from: glen on July 27, 2006, 02:02:25 PM
Quote from: norecess on July 27, 2006, 01:49:52 PM
Shit, that must be an awesome feeling.

its only a matter of time before I see DEEEETROIT.  then let the euphoria take over.  plus I believe I will hit cleveland as well so I'll be doubling up on the dopamines. YEARGH!

___-----_____------_____

well the last time the Melvins were booked for milwaukee (sept 2004) they canceled.
They were booked at a local shit hole (the Rave http://therave.com/) that gets a lot of the bigger names, but at the same time the assholes that run this place like to make extra cash by charging local bands or any bands for that matter to open for some of these bigger name bands to gain "so called" exposure.
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

blacksanta

According to the Willamette Week there will be a limited amount of tickets sold for single events at the bigger venues (Roseland, Crystal) and a limited amount at the door. That way you don't have to pay full price for a $35 bracelet for one (or two) shows.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

TGH

Quote from: glen on July 27, 2006, 02:02:25 PM
plus I believe I will hit cleveland as well so I'll be doubling up on the dopamines. YEARGH!

I just checked the Grog Shop (the place they played last time they were in Cleveland ALMOST TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO). They got nothing listed yet. :(
This isn't a time for lectures!

mopafeena

No Australian dates..... yet. I hope they come here again.  :cry:
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

(PAUL)

Quote from: ___-----_____------_____ on July 27, 2006, 03:12:31 PM
well the last time the Melvins were booked for milwaukee (sept 2004) they canceled.
They were booked at a local shit hole (the Rave http://therave.com/) that gets a lot of the bigger names, but at the same time the assholes that run this place like to make extra cash by charging local bands or any bands for that matter to open for some of these bigger name bands to gain "so called" exposure.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Michael Jordan

yeah, it's been too long since they played down under.  if we're lucky they might come down here end of summer, around march...  but that's just wishful thinking...
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

mopafeena

rimb

Quote from: mopafeena on July 28, 2006, 01:54:38 AM
Quote from: Michael Jordan on July 28, 2006, 01:51:56 AM
yeah, it's been too long since they played down under.  if we're lucky they might come down here end of summer, around march...  but that's just wishful thinking...

Well, we can hope anyway.

I don't think they've been here since 2003.

We're definitely due.  There were rumours of a Jello/Big Business/Melvins tour earlier this year, but don't think that'll be happening anymore.

mopafeena

FartLips

it'd be nice if VC made an appearance or two on this tour.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

norecess

Quote from: FART LIPS on July 28, 2006, 05:52:19 AM
it'd be nice if VC made an appearance or two on this tour.

Oh that would be marvelous. I really hope for a Melvins/Napalm Death tour some time, with VC opening up the first twenty minutes.

glen

Quote from: norecess on July 28, 2006, 06:11:03 AM

Oh that would be marvelous. I really hope for a Melvins/Napalm Death tour some time, with VC opening up the first twenty minutes.

is that because VC can play their entire cataloge in 20 minutes?

I doubt we will ever see a VC tour.  I don't think kev can get away from his day job.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

Quote from: glen on July 28, 2006, 06:51:34 AM
Quote from: norecess on July 28, 2006, 06:11:03 AM

is that because VC can play their entire cataloge in 20 minutes?

First of all, because they rule. But yeah, it's a benefit that they could be able to pull it all off in 20 minutes. If Buzz would shut his mouth of course, unlike to their only show so far. Do you have that bootleg, Glen?

QuoteI doubt we will ever see a VC tour.  I don't think kev can get away from his day job.

We'll see. I just keep on hoping.