Melvins/BB US Tour 2006

Started by blacksanta, July 06, 2006, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksanta

Melvins will be playing MusicFest NW here in Portland, on either 9/7,9/8, or 9/9. Not sure which date or venue but I'm sure it will be announced.

http://www.musicfestnw.com/2006/
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

CaptainPungent

Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players

anyone seen them?
it's pretty funny
i believe the dad plays the guitar, while his little daughter plays drums
and his wife does the slideshow

it's all about where they've been, what they know
stupid music, but pretty cool show.

Pelican

I thought the Trachtenburg family used slides that they buy at thrift shops?

I saw them on Conan Obrien. They were pretty funny, I'd love to see them live.

deatheats

Yup sounds like the Melvins will be joined by Big Business (as I'm sure yall are aware of) and David Scott Stone.
I thought I heard they would be playing the Roseland, but I didn't see any confirmation of that on the website.

blacksanta

That would be sweet, I'm sick of the fucking Crystal, Melvins always sound better at Roseland and  *sniffle* the late La Luna.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

blacksanta

Saturday the 9th at the Roseland with BB and DSS. I don't know if they are doing individual tickets or if you have to buy the 3 day wristband @ $35. I emailed the event and I hope to hear back soon.

mopafeena

www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Hateyouhumans

http://www.neumos.com/091106.html

Seattle, Baby! on the five year anniversary of 9/11! (too soon?)
Before beauty dissapears entirely from the earth, it will go on existing for a while by accident.
-Milan Kundera

glen

Quote from: Hateyouhumans on July 26, 2006, 12:36:18 PM

Seattle, Baby! on the five year anniversary of 9/11! (too soon?)

I saw them september 11, 2004.  it wasn't too soon then!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

chuckm792

So is there someplace that has confirmed tour dates posted? The "Tour Dates" link on the homepage seems to only have things from 2005.  I'm unsure if the Hell's Kitchen show is going to work for me, as Tacoma is far away and I don't have any potential places to couch-surf there.  Are there any dates in Seattle?  (Or, even better, in Bellingham? Probably not... but here's hoping!)
chuckm

BuckWheat

There's only a few dates that have leaked so far; you should be able to find them one of the many other dates thread, or by checking ticketweb.  I think there's a show for oregon, and somewhere else, so far.

glen

here's a couple more:

9-25 minneapolis @ fine line music cafe
9-27 milwaukee @ shank hall
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

___-----_____------_____

Quote from: glen on July 27, 2006, 10:58:08 AM
here's a couple more:

9-25 minneapolis @ fine line music cafe
9-27 milwaukee @ shank hall

you just made my day brother!

Milw
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

norecess

Shit, that must be an awesome feeling.