Melvins/Patton Oswalt 7" plus other Chunklet 13th Anniversary Leftovers...

Started by chunkletguy, October 31, 2006, 08:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rev. Mike

Man the footage from the final show in '98 is fucking awesome, during that Era they were like The Experience or a good Cream or something.  I have been kicking myself for months for not being hip to Harvey Milk sooner.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: norecess on November 01, 2006, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 12:47:19 PM
:lol: yeah that does.

what's all on this man?

Several songs from 13 shows, both their early shows and the reunion ones. The quality differs of course, since it's all amateur footage, but personally I don't have a problkem with that. The guys from Chunklet fixed it up as good as they could, and made a wonderful dvd. The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing. Also, theres our songs from a night on April Fools when they played REM's Reckoning.
Norecess knows all!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Guts

No TV and no beer make Guts something something....

TGH

Just picked one up. First time I got a Melvins 7" that wasn't sold out.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Vcavallo

Quote from: Guts on November 01, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
I ordered mine and I picked clear red.

?

the only options for me were:
clear gold
clear green
solid purple
clear
black.

i think
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Idlehanz

Quote from: Vcavallo on November 01, 2006, 06:10:18 PM
Quote from: Guts on November 01, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
I ordered mine and I picked clear red.

?

the only options for me were:
clear gold
clear green
solid purple
clear

black.

i think

They must have sold the rest already.  They had, to the best of recollection:  clear red, clear orange, clear blue, and pink as well as what's left.

Vcavallo

this -i swear- is true:

i tried to order five of them in order to keep them out of the hands of capitalist ebay non-fan assholes.  i wanted to order a bunch so that when they sell out, members here/real fans could buy them from me for the correct price instead of from ebay profiteers.  i realize that i would have helped them sell out by buying a bunch, but it would make no difference really because i wouldn't be keeping the copies and i wouldn't be gouging people.
i thought at first that it would be great to buy 10 or 20 and wait for them to go up like the grumpy's singles and then make many hundreds of dollars.....but then i got to thinking about everyone here and in would never feel right ripping people off "just cuz i can".  that's a bullshit mentality and it is part of the reason our world sucks. 

anyway...there is a limit of 2 per customer.  so i got two.   one i am DEFINITELY keeping, the other i would consider parting with if a "real fan" got dicked out of a copy at cost. 
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo


closedeyevisuals

i thought the artwork was pretty cool just my opinion though ..anyone going to pick up the new harvey milk/hayride 7" mine is being held for me nov 7th release date.

the crybaby

MELVINS / PATTON OSWALT split 7" pressing info:

total pressing of 700
300 on black
100 on clear
300 of varying colors

norecess

Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 10:49:40 PM
Quote from: norecess on November 01, 2006, 01:36:25 PM
The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing.

When isn't it?

ZING!

Whether you like his artwork is a matter of personal taste of course. However, you can still analyze his design work an objective and conceptual point of view. The difference of the artwork of this dvd and that between the artwork of Khanate, Sunn or Hex by Earth is that the artwork of the latter bands fit the music very well, in my opinion. But to apply the same detailed, chaotic style he used for Khanate for Harvey Milk? I just don't see it. Two completey different feelings come up to me when I listen to or think of the band Harvey Milk, and take a look at the artwork. The art is very detailed, the silver letters on it and all. The colors are sober and good, just as the (beautiful) artwork for Courtesy.

Also, if you want to take a look at the setlist, you have to unfold the outside case first, which is very annoying. And when you take out the inner case, the artwork complety different; no completeness at all. The details are still there, but the colors and chaotic style are totally gone.

But the dvd is cool.

Vcavallo

Quote from: norecess on November 02, 2006, 04:32:22 AM
Two completey different feelings come up to me when I listen to or think of the band Harvey Milk, and take a look at the artwork.

maybe the truth lies between the relation of the two.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Chief Ten Beers

 I picked the clear green one. Last Melvins 7" I bought direct was "With Teeth/Revolve" a few years ago. I saw Oswalt on the Henry Rollins show this summer. Seemed cool enough. Don't know much about him. I've never sat through an episode of King Of Queens, and never saw his movies.

Idlehanz

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 02, 2006, 06:40:53 PM
  I saw Oswalt on the Henry Rollins show this summer. Seemed cool enough. Don't know much about him. I've never sat through an episode of King Of Queens, and never saw his movies.

If anyones an Oswalt fan, get The Comedians of Comedy dvd.  Great stuff.