Melvins/Boris/Pelican Stubb's BBQ 3-15 2007

Started by sinuendo, January 26, 2007, 01:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MEvsEVERYBODY

I work at Stubb's. Good luck on getting in..I'm the guy that throws you out.

If it's an invite-only party, here's the deal: Some group or company (in this case, Vice Magazine) buys out or rents the venue at a specific set price (how much, I don't know) and they pretty much say who gets in...either through a list, badge or specific ticket that they hand out.

In regards to the show itself, I haven't heard anything. But since it's happening during SXSW, it wouldn't surprise me if it DOES happen. We've had at least one show every year during SXSW that is "invite-only". Last year was Beastie Boys I believe. In any case, depending on how much Vice Magazine is willing to spend, determines whether the show is going to be inside (capacity: 350) versus outside (capacity: 2100).

Vcavallo

thanks for the info
i hope i didn't ruin anyone's chances of getting a ticket with my tirade
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: MEvsEVERYBODY on January 28, 2007, 08:25:03 PM
I work at Stubb's. Good luck on getting in..I'm the guy that throws you out.

If it's an invite-only party, here's the deal: Some group or company (in this case, Vice Magazine) buys out or rents the venue at a specific set price (how much, I don't know) and they pretty much say who gets in...either through a list, badge or specific ticket that they hand out.

In regards to the show itself, I haven't heard anything. But since it's happening during SXSW, it wouldn't surprise me if it DOES happen. We've had at least one show every year during SXSW that is "invite-only". Last year was Beastie Boys I believe. In any case, depending on how much Vice Magazine is willing to spend, determines whether the show is going to be inside (capacity: 350) versus outside (capacity: 2100).
The question of the hour is:  HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET PAST THE BOUNCER??   I'm going to start the bidding at..$500.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

MEvsEVERYBODY

Sure, I'll let you in for $500...you can paypal me at eightballgraphics@juno.com

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 28, 2007, 08:46:04 PM
Quote from: MEvsEVERYBODY on January 28, 2007, 08:25:03 PM
I work at Stubb's. Good luck on getting in..I'm the guy that throws you out.

If it's an invite-only party, here's the deal: Some group or company (in this case, Vice Magazine) buys out or rents the venue at a specific set price (how much, I don't know) and they pretty much say who gets in...either through a list, badge or specific ticket that they hand out.

In regards to the show itself, I haven't heard anything. But since it's happening during SXSW, it wouldn't surprise me if it DOES happen. We've had at least one show every year during SXSW that is "invite-only". Last year was Beastie Boys I believe. In any case, depending on how much Vice Magazine is willing to spend, determines whether the show is going to be inside (capacity: 350) versus outside (capacity: 2100).
The question of the hour is:  HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET PAST THE BOUNCER??   I'm going to start the bidding at..$500.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: MEvsEVERYBODY on January 28, 2007, 08:51:03 PM
Sure, I'll let you in for $500...you can paypal me at eightballgraphics@juno.com

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 28, 2007, 08:46:04 PM
Quote from: MEvsEVERYBODY on January 28, 2007, 08:25:03 PM
I work at Stubb's. Good luck on getting in..I'm the guy that throws you out.

If it's an invite-only party, here's the deal: Some group or company (in this case, Vice Magazine) buys out or rents the venue at a specific set price (how much, I don't know) and they pretty much say who gets in...either through a list, badge or specific ticket that they hand out.

In regards to the show itself, I haven't heard anything. But since it's happening during SXSW, it wouldn't surprise me if it DOES happen. We've had at least one show every year during SXSW that is "invite-only". Last year was Beastie Boys I believe. In any case, depending on how much Vice Magazine is willing to spend, determines whether the show is going to be inside (capacity: 350) versus outside (capacity: 2100).
The question of the hour is:  HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET PAST THE BOUNCER??   I'm going to start the bidding at..$500.
Woo hoo!  See you behind the velvet line, SUCKAS!  MUAHAHAHA!

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

RichieGoodtimes


bUTTHOLEmAN

TIME TO INSTIGATE!!:  HEY BOUNCER, THE GUY THAT JUST INSULTED YOU LOOKS LIKE THIS!  :P

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

RichieGoodtimes

I ain't afraid of no Austin steer fucker.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

MEvsEVERYBODY

Yeah, I know. Ladybug Rising..

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 28, 2007, 09:31:22 PM
TIME TO INSTIGATE!!:  HEY BOUNCER, THE GUY THAT JUST INSULTED YOU LOOKS LIKE THIS!  :P



RichieGoodtimes

You weren't supposed to let them know that we know each other, fuckface.

MEvsEVERYBODY

Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on January 28, 2007, 10:10:32 PM
You weren't supposed to let them know that we know each other, fuckface.

We know each other? Google does wonders.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

RichieGoodtimes

Oh good. Close one. See, we don't know each other and I insulted some random Stubbs bouncer.

M i C H e L L e

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 28, 2007, 09:31:22 PM
TIME TO INSTIGATE!!:  HEY BOUNCER, THE GUY THAT JUST INSULTED YOU LOOKS LIKE THIS!  :P




That pic is Soooooooo HAWT!   :lol:
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*