Lets make a melvins canon.

Buzz has his list (from the Stockholm interview), 5 albums + 1 song:
- Eggnog
- Stag
- COD
- Pigs of the roman empire
- a senile animal
+ nightgoat

Post your list and in two weeks we ad them all (ignoring Buzz) up and find the final list.

Mine:
- Bullhead
- Honky
- The maggot
- Lysol
- Houdini
+ Charmicarmicat

Pardons if this is a stupid idea, but lets do it anyway. Feel free to change your list during the voting-period.

I have brought the great ball of crystal;
            Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

glen

help a poor dumb-ass out and kindly explain to me exactly how this works.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

Those Norwegians again... I think he means we should all post our five favorite albums plus favorite song, make a stock-taking, and then make a final list, also known as our canon. Am I right, Erik?

Erikkerik

Quote from: norecess on May 10, 2007, 07:52:35 AM
Those Norwegians again... I think he means we should all post our five favorite albums plus favorite song, make a stock-taking, and then make a final list, also known as our canon. Am I right, Erik?

you`re right.

But, to clarify, the single song in your personal list is supposed to be one not from the previous five albums. The final list will be composed by the 5 albums with most votes and the single song with most votes that is not on one of the 5 albums. I can see why this is confusing and perhaps it would be better to just stick with five albums but I followed Buzz`s model.

get it?
            Who can lift it?
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

Lunica

I don't get it either, maybe I'm not Norwegian enough. But I would think making a poll would be easier? It would save you from a lot of work, Erikkerik. What if the song is from one of the albums? That means its already there, doesn't it?
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

Lunica

Ok, thats pretty strange, cause the song you'll pick, is most likely not your favorite melvins song (I'm guessing your favorite song is on one of the albums you pick? If you even have one). So I don't really get the idea about this, other than doing something like Buzz did it. Oh well :)
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

norecess

Quote from: Erikkerik on May 10, 2007, 07:40:58 AM
Pardons if this is a stupid idea, but lets do it anyway.

OK ;)

- Gluey Porch Treatments
- Eggnog
- Lysol
- Honky
- Pigs of the Roman Empire

+ At The Stake

glen

-ozma
-HAT
-the maggot
-lysol
-honky

+hag me
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

glen

norecess

Erikkerik

Quote from: Lunica on May 10, 2007, 08:06:23 AM
So I don't really get the idea about this, other than doing something like Buzz did it.
Well you get the idea then ;)
            Who can lift it?
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

Schnabster

Schnabster understand the semi-Bergen Erik perfectly, and throw out the following list:

Ozma
Lysol
Maggot
Houdini
Bootlicker
+Pink  Bat

Come on, Lun, shall grandpa Schnabster explain?  :lol:

tommyhc

Stag
The Bootlicker
Honky
Hostile Ambient takeover