Did the Melvins ever cover "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath?

Started by seas of luck, June 13, 2007, 02:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norecess

Yeah they did I believe, I have it on a few dvd bootlegs. However, I've always had problems telling the difference between Parchment Farm and Into The Void, I think they usually combined the two main riffs into one jam.

I may have an mp3 at home, I'm at work at the moment.

tinycorkscrew

Yeah, Into the Void has been covered by a lot of bands, but the Melvins version was my favorite by far.

The only recording I've seen is a video tape from a west coast show after Joe/Lori and before Mark. They opened with Into the Void, and the club's power went out in the middle of the song. When the power came back on, they resumed the song from the fast part in the middle.

norecess, if you have a recording, I'd love to hear it.

the bloat

Soundgarden also covered it and I think it can be found on the SOMMS disk (Badmotorfinger era).

seas of luck

Quote from: norecess on June 13, 2007, 10:45:18 AM
http://download.yousendit.com/767761B25984976C

I believe this is the jam some credit as Into The Void.

Hmm.  I don't reconize that as Into the Void.  Thanks for uploading though!

norecess

Me neither , but some dvd's I ordered from Beto credit this as Into The Void.

tinycorkscrew

Nah, that's not "Into the Void."

I did like it, though - especially the first part, which is Kiss's "She."

There's definitely a video of them playing "Into the Void" out there. I once had a copy, but that was many years and many moves ago. If I find it, I'll upload it.

Quote from: norecess on June 13, 2007, 01:34:58 PM
Me neither , but some dvd's I ordered from Beto credit this as Into The Void.

norecess

Yesterday I watched a dvd I got from Beto a while back and they start out with Into The Void. They had Dave Sahijdak on bass for that show. Needless to say, their version killed. The slow parts were even slower, and the up tempo part in the middle was played a lot faster.

This is the concerning show: Melvins 12-08-1993 - HBS Auditorium,Hollywood, CA, see http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=3343.0

Here's a picture from the show.

By the way, http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Dave_Sahijdak

QuoteShows I played: We opened for Ice-T at 1015 Folsom in SF.

Kick ass!

Billy Fish

they were high on ludes and having wild sex with a tranny, but YES they did cover that black crows/flag song.

tinycorkscrew

They opened with Into the Void at the Kennel Club. I have a first gen copy of the video somewhere. If I ever find it, I'll post it.

FartLips

Quote from: tinycorkscrew on October 17, 2007, 09:49:00 PM
They opened with Into the Void at the Kennel Club. I have a first gen copy of the video somewhere. If I ever find it, I'll post it.
now THAT would be cool!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(the) Razor

Who hasn't covered this song? It's the most badass/fun riff to play.
Don't click this

(the) Razor

Don't click this