Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 12, 2012, 09:17:58 AM
I'm curious for some opinions here.  I recorded this video with two different audio tracks.  The top one is soundboard only, both channels.  The second one is half soundboard, half shotgun mic.  Let me know what you think sounds better.

Soundboard only

Melvins at the Nuerolux in Boise, Id on 9-8-12 HD

Soundboard/shotgun

Melvins at the Nuerolux in Boise, Id on 9-8-12 HD

Idlehanz, I'm very impressed by the awesome quality of this video, specially the soundboard only version, sounds better than the Grumpy's show. Did you upload this DVD to dimeadozen?
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Stonergrunge

Fuzz is love.

(((O)))

Buzz is cranking these interviews out like crazy! 51 shows but probably double that figure in Q&A's!  :o

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Oscar

Dale and Buzz joining Tool for the Lateralus jam section in Las Vegas this past January.
It was Adam's birthday.

Video is shot from afar, Melvins come in around 3:30

http://youtu.be/cTfJNIYgyd8

Idlehanz

Hortense

Some amazing videos of Tool with Buzz and Dale.  Thanks.

That was the last period of Tool that I was impressed by.  I love Lateralus and caught Tool three times supporting that album.  It's odd in a way.  I loved Tool passionately for many years but after Lateralus, once they released 10,000 days I completely lost interest.  I have yet to make it through 10,000 days.  My perspective on it is that it sounds like nu-metal and A Perfect Circle.  I cannot listen to that material and hear Danny Carey, Adam Jones, Justin Chancellor.  I only hear Maynard.  Now, I love Maynard.  Don't get me wrong.  He's a fine, fine vocalist.  He's an amazing vocalist.  But that 10,0000 days album doesn't sound like Tool to me.  Again, I'm probably in the minority here.  I hope the next Tool album sounds like Tool to me.  Not that I am trying to put Tool into a kind of pre-packaged cookie cutter like object that delivers the same thing every time.  On the contrary.  It was the progression of things album to album that made Tool so interesting to me in the first place.  So perhaps they simply progressed to a point where their music was very soft-spoken and - to my ears - less musical, less cutting edge and more like A Perfect Circle.  Perhaps I outgrew them.

Here's a Question...

I went back and watched Brian's Melvins.net interview yesterday.  It's really an excellent interview.  I faulted Brian once, unjustly, over asking about Cobain.  In retrospect I was wrong to do that.  The man only asked the one question and while I don't care for Nirvana or Cobain clearly most others do and this is -  I suppose - part of the greater history of Melvins on a certain level albeit one that runs parallel to Melvins own trajectory.  Brian did a great job with that interview now that I've watched it again. =D>  Thank you Brian.  I apologize for giving you grief over the Nirvana question.  I'm a crotchety old crank bastard sometimes.  You are a good man, sir.

My question is this.  At the conclusion of the fifth part of the interview it seems Buzz is about to say something else.  I cannot locate a sixth portion of this talk on youtube.  Does a sixth part exist or is part five the end of the interview?