black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Oscar

CoryCory

Quote from: Oscar on November 16, 2021, 06:43:42 AM
The infamous Anaheim show with Bungle in '92

https://youtu.be/XiRmy1xIZ0I

You can visibly see the crowd around the 10 minute mark and they're just having none of it. They absolutely lose their shit at Sacrifice (The last song in the video). This is wild.

vince furnier

i'm having a hard time understanding what exactly is the problem Primus or Bungle fans were having watching an opening band play non mainstream heavy ass music. FNM crowd, i'd understand that a lot more. look how pathetic the music on EmPty-V and radio was at the time. Ugly Kid Joe were on the first Black Sabbath NIB tribute album for cryin out loud!  :lol: :facepalm:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

CoryCory

Maybe it's just a thing like being an opener for GWAR in the 90s or 2000s. Not sure of an exact term but more often than not the crowd is really there for just one band and does not care for the openers... Despite getting there early enough to sit there through every band.

amazonAMAZON

I think the problem was this was an FNM crowd. In many cases it could be the promoter's fault. They don't trust the headliner to draw ticket buyers so they cross-promote to the larger associated act and end up with a mystified audience. Sometimes this just happens organically, though.

el gep

Quote from: vince furnier on November 16, 2021, 09:31:29 PM
i'm having a hard time understanding what exactly is the problem Primus or Bungle fans were having watching an opening band play non mainstream heavy ass music. FNM crowd, i'd understand that a lot more. look how pathetic the music on EmPty-V and radio was at the time. Ugly Kid Joe were on the first Black Sabbath NIB tribute album for cryin out loud!  :lol: :facepalm:

Most people are dickheads.
And there was especially a lot of dickheads this night. Period.
:D

That kind of attitude is just a proof of total stupidity.

dead mike

Quote from: CoryCory on November 16, 2021, 08:16:01 PM
You can visibly see the crowd around the 10 minute mark and they're just having none of it. They absolutely lose their shit at Sacrifice (The last song in the video). This is wild.
Nice of the crowd to give the security guards the night off.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

el gep

I just watched a bit of this video...

Tell me, please tell me, how the fuck could have (apparently) everyfuckingone that night just stayed totally still (with almost hostile gazes) in front of musicians who were obviously kicking the shit out of their instruments - like it or not?!
How could'nt you only move just a little bit, nodd your head, move your feet, I don't know.
This terrifies me.
Like people watching some other beaten or raped without moving a fucking toe.

jules

Quote from: el gep on November 17, 2021, 01:45:29 PM

Tell me, please tell me, how the fuck could have (apparently) everyfuckingone that night just stay totally still (with almost hostile gazes) in front of musicians who were obviously kicking the shit out of their instruments - like it or not?!
How could'nt you only move just a little bit, nodd your head, move your feet, I don't know.
This terrifies me.

You've never been to a Melvins gig in Norway? Or Sweden for that matter? I've seen the occasional twitch during The Bit, but that's about it, really. It's funny.

el gep

Quote from: jules on November 17, 2021, 01:47:51 PM

Tell me, please tell me, how the fuck could have (apparently) everyfuckingone that night just stay totally still (with almost hostile gazes) in front of musicians who were obviously kicking the shit out of their instruments - like it or not?!
This terrifies me.

You've never been to a Melvins gig in Norway? Or Sweden for that matter? I've seen the occasional twitch during The Bit, but that's about it, really. It's funny.

I'm terrified!

jules

Quote from: el gep on November 17, 2021, 01:51:26 PM
Quote from: jules on November 17, 2021, 01:47:51 PM

This terrifies me.

I'm terrified!
:lol:

I like it. There's silence during the quiet parts which is awesome.

coodies

Heater Moves And Eyes in its entirety? Get Glen in here! In his top 5 Melvins songs.

Oscar

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 17, 2021, 08:38:35 AM
I think the problem was this was an FNM crowd. In many cases it could be the promoter's fault. They don't trust the headliner to draw ticket buyers so they cross-promote to the larger associated act and end up with a mystified audience. Sometimes this just happens organically, though.

Absolutely. What's weirdest about all of this, is that Patton's physical appearance is responsible for 80% of these fans. He was 90s cute.
For reason of lookism that was enough to attract people that otherwise wouldn't have touched any of this music to save their lives.

Can anyone make out what Dale says at the end of Sacrifice? "Hey I have a message from Mr. Bungle" and then?
My wild guess is "those guys guys said they're gonna go to Disneyland and fuck this show, they can't help you queers".