Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cheese and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dumpster D

Oscar

Best I can do is audio

https://youtu.be/KRr10m0QSYg

Jump to 1:02:19 for audience education

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

I think the biggest thing i took away from that footage is that Dale plays very different now compared to then. It was full on power back then whereas now i would say he is much less physical and embellishes with little additional improv bits a lot more. It is pretty bonkers that those in attendance look so pissed off by the band.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on November 20, 2021, 09:47:53 AM
I think the biggest thing i took away from that footage is that Dale plays very different now compared to then. It was full on power back then whereas now i would say he is much less physical and embellishes with little additional improv bits a lot more.

yes, totally different style of playing

buddy holiday

The biggest difference is: 30 years. But that's not important... because the biggest commonality is that the melvins were always on top of everything/anybody else!
...i wish for a dale from 30yrs ago though... sometimes. 😈

Oscar

Quote from: black stallion on November 20, 2021, 10:18:10 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on November 20, 2021, 09:47:53 AM
I think the biggest thing i took away from that footage is that Dale plays very different now compared to then. It was full on power back then whereas now i would say he is much less physical and embellishes with little additional improv bits a lot more.

yes, totally different style of playing

I quite like how how his style has evolved over the years. The power is still there and he holds a much better groove and feel for what suits each song.
That said, watching young Crover go Animal on his kit will forever be satisfying.

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

black stallion

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on December 02, 2021, 01:06:12 PM
Les Paul is back
Wow!!!

I guess he couldn't be featured on a Gibson channel upload playing an EGC. I wonder if that guitar is his or just one they gave him for the video.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 02, 2021, 02:33:04 PM
Quote from: black stallion on December 02, 2021, 01:06:12 PM
Les Paul is back
Wow!!!

I guess he couldn't be featured on a Gibson channel upload playing an EGC. I wonder if that guitar is his or just one they gave him for the video.

did you notice how fat the sound is compared to EGC guit  O:)?

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on December 03, 2021, 08:14:17 AM
did you notice how fat the sound is compared to EGC guit
I noticed it was different. It also seemed a bit off in parts. Im not sure if that is because im now so used to the EGC sound or perhaps because it wasn't Buzzo's own rig. Another thing - is this a green screen set up? It looks a little weird like Buzz isn't actually there.

Dumpster D

oh shit, I totally got the Queen riff wrong, there's an A chord at the very end of the first riff.  :o

amazonAMAZON

I love his nonstandard terms for things. There's a "hiccup" here.