Matt Lukin on GPT

Started by doug fisher, February 25, 2004, 11:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

doug fisher

Did Matt Lukin really sing backup vocals on that album?  In the cd insert (I have the Ipecac version) it says "bass and vocals" for him, i'm not sure if it's a typo because I thought that back then Dale was the only one who sang back-ups.

doug fisher


Curryman

Isn't that Matt singing the line

"Peel the skin away from my eyes and look in"

on "As It Was"?

eddie

Quote from: CurrymanIsn't that Matt singing the line

"Peel the skin away from my eyes and look in"

on "As It Was"?

I asked about that too! It just doesn't sound like Buzz.

reluctantking

Dale has always been the backup singer. saw and met these lads in the summer of 86 in Chapel Hill. They cleared the entire punkfest, which only meant that they were awesome. Matt was in the band then, and he was cool-no singing duties, though. they opened up for themselves and called themselves SOCIETY SKATE YOUTH PATROL and played covers of Sabbath, Kiss, and a few others that NO ONE CARED ABOUT IN 1986! It was cool;. then they played their originals & really kicked ass, alienating all of the punkers and making me a brand new big fan. Still am, by the way.
so yeah, all of the backup stuff is Dale.

doug

so that was typed in the insert of gpt to fuck with us, right?

Anonymous

I'm sorry but you are wrong.  That is absolutely without a doubt Matt Lukin singing "peel the skin..." on GPT.

Leroy M

yeah it doesn't sound like buzz or dale.  must be matt, cuz buzz comes in and sings in the middle of the song.  plus matt sang backup when he was in mudhoney post-melvins anyways

anaconda


Leroy M

SWEET!  The Carpenter banner!  I crack up everytime i see that

Anonymous

>>I'm sorry but you are wrong. That is absolutely without a doubt Matt >>Lukin singing "peel the skin..." on GPT.

Whoever said this is "absolutely without a doubt" deaf. It's Dale singing "peel the skin away from my eyes".  If that's not obvious, you probably agree with the lyrics posted by that Rene person (and that is not good).

lord of heaviness

I've always thought Matt sang "peel the skin" but it could have been someone else. I SEVERELY doubt it, but I could be wrong. Besides, does it matter? Vocals are vocals. Either way GPT is one of their best and to me that's all that matters. If it was all instrumental I would be totally cool with that.
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

anaconda

youre absolutely right lordheavibottom!! i'll punch randomly
in all directions at strangers in your defense if i must!!

meine bruder! ich liebe rock n roll! naturlich!! ja!

lord of heaviness

What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

SeattleSam

So did Matt sing back up or not?
I am a raper guy, obviously.

-Dc