last night? 9/15/07

Started by cheeseburger, September 16, 2007, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheeseburger

did anyone go see the melvins, mudhoney, & flipper show in l.a.?
if so....how was it?

Idlehanz

Quote from: cheeseburger on September 16, 2007, 08:06:02 PM
did anyone go see the melvins, mudhoney, & flipper show in l.a.?
if so....how was it?
I was wondering myself.  I got a text from a friend of mine, all she said is that it was great.  Guess we'll be waiting.

runk the punk

Melvins and Flipper recordings from this show are on Dimeadozen right now.

perusha

My first post ever to this site, but I've been lucky enough in life to have been seeing the Melvins live for around 18 to 19 years now.  They are always nothing short of amaizng, what else is new.  I do have to say though that last night for me was just one of those special shows where everything just seems to line up perfectly and it was just beyond incredible.

Obviously the set list was limited to the entire Houdini record which is not my favorate Mevlins record, but they just killed it last night.  Houdini with Cody and Dale is just beyond phenomenal and Buzz sounded amazing.  Buzz was so animated and into it too, which was cool.  Last time they played the Henry Fonda theatre  I thought the sound just sucked but somehow the sound last night, at least towards the back, was very, very good.  Their set was just amazing and blew away the Houdini live record by far, too.

I would rather have seen a mixed set list but the show last night was easily in my top 5 Melvins shows ever...maybe higher.  I've seen this band about 25 times total, probably more now, easily.

I know this is a Melvins site, duh, so whatever, but sometimes I just can't believe just how amazingly powerful this band truely is and this lineup really is something special.  There is just no way there is a live band better than this.

Unfortunately, I missed Flipper, which sucked, and I can't imagine what it must have been like to be Mudhoney to follow up that set, but no one else could have either, so I left after Melvins, and I'm sorry to say I was not the only one.  Have no idea how Mudhoney was.  I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the floor from the Melvins set...

norecess

Quote from: perusha on September 17, 2007, 01:02:20 AM
I know this is a Melvins site, duh, so whatever, but sometimes I just can't believe just how amazingly powerful this band truely is and this lineup really is something special.  There is just no way there is a live band better than this.

Oh really? :P

Welcome, and thanks for the review.

GrimReaper

spunkmonkey

QuoteThat avitar looks familiar.

The cover of Pigface's "Fook".

norecess

Photos from this show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviskeller/sets/72157602044029446/

Keith Morris joining Mudhoney for their cover of Black Flag's Wasted.

norecess

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 17, 2007, 04:45:25 AM
That avitar looks familiar.

Didn't Brian use it before the one he's currently using?

norecess

http://laist.com/2007/09/17/mudhoney_and_the_melvins.php

Review from the show, plus a video of Mudhoney + Morris doing Fix Me.

Idlehanz

Ron Jeremy at a Melvins show?!?   :lol:

That's great.

that guy in the middle shot holding up the Pussy t looks like Dan and Johns brother.......

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 20, 2007, 02:10:30 AM

That's great.

that guy in the middle shot holding up the Pussy t looks like Dan and Johns brother.......
Hee hee that guy is Keith Morris.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Billy Fish

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 20, 2007, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 20, 2007, 02:10:30 AM

That's great.

Hee hee that guy is Keith Morris.

no no no, its harry potter

zenprankster

Quote from: norecess on September 18, 2007, 03:34:52 AM
Photos from this show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviskeller/sets/72157602044029446/

Keith Morris joining Mudhoney for their cover of Black Flag's Wasted.

I just joined this BBS. My name is Marcus.  I write for a couple of punk mags, and a couple of music websites. I will be writing a show review for the RAZORCAKE website on the fascinating subject of the MUDHONEY MELVINS FLIPPER show last Sept. 15th in L.A.  It is great to see so many Melvins fans. I was assigned to interview BUZZO a few years ago when I had very little idea about the band. It was a show at the Troubadour about 5 years ago....Buzz knew nothing of the supposedly pre-arranged interview, but he did it anyway. Needless to say...I was fucking blown away by the show and have been a fan ever since.

My camera did not work on the night of the show...can anyone provide at least ONE pic of the show for my article on the RAZORCAKE website?

I also have a show review on that Website about the LYSOL and EGGNOG performance at the Troubadour on last July (7/27/07). Here is a link if you would like to read it:
http://www.razorcake.org/site/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11935

Thanks for providing this site...it is great!

Contact me at: nothingine@hotmail.com

FartLips

welcome to the fold. just watch out for schnabby's posts.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: