Probably the best Melvins show of 2006

Started by Jaron, September 29, 2007, 12:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

If anyone else was there they know what I'm speaking of. I don't know if this was the only place they did it so, if it wasn't please fill me in.

Saturday October 28, 2006 at the 40 Watt Club in Athens Georgia. Before that night I'd seen Fan

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

I'm confused!  This is a review of a show that happened nearly a year ago???  I thought I was a stoner, but damn.  Good review though.
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on September 29, 2007, 06:45:32 PM
I'm confused!  This is a review of a show that happened nearly a year ago???  I thought I was a stoner, but damn.  Good review though.
That's a good memory!  :shock:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

FartLips

he just came out of his melvins -induced coma.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Idlehanz

And wrote a review that is 3x longer than any of us has.   T'was a good read.

Jaron

Yeah, hope you all enjoyed the read. I'd been wanting to write about that for a while. I just never get around to many things.

FartLips

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 29, 2007, 10:26:52 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 29, 2007, 10:14:12 PM
Yeah, hope you all enjoyed the read. I'd been wanting to write about that for a while. I just never get around to many things.
Yah, sometimes I'll think of something for a while..and then it starts to bust-out, wanting to be written.
yeah, i took this dump, see? back in '94. it was sooooo good! :P
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Jaron

Quoteyeah, i took this dump, see? back in '94. it was sooooo good! :P
Some dumps are meant to be told. I recall my last visit to the Outback Steakhouse. Woo what a night. I ate one of their steaks and it was nothing but gristle and fat. Half way home I started having this growling in my stomach and it wasn't the good kind of kitty growl 'I'm could go for something to eat.' This was one of those 'I'm about to fucking die' kind of monster growls. I held it all the way until I got home and I literally crawled to my toilet and delivered a award-winning symphony orchestra performance/dump. I was one of those screaming shits that you wake up members of your household with. When I finished it was if someone had just like pulled the trigger of a shotgun loaded with black molasses shit. It was the grossest thing I'd ever seen and I'd done it! Too bad I didn't take a picture.

FartLips

Quote from: Jaron on September 29, 2007, 10:40:10 PM
Quoteyeah, i took this dump, see? back in '94. it was sooooo good! :P
Some dumps are meant to be told. I recall my last visit to the Outback Steakhouse. Woo what a night. I ate one of their steaks and it was nothing but gristle and fat. Half way home I started having this growling in my stomach and it wasn't the good kind of kitty growl 'I'm could go for something to eat.' This was one of those 'I'm about to fucking die' kind of monster growls. I held it all the way until I got home and I literally crawled to my toilet and delivered a award-winning symphony orchestra performance/dump. I was one of those screaming shits that you wake up members of your household with. When I finished it was if someone had just like pulled the trigger of a shotgun loaded with black molasses shit. It was the grossest thing I'd ever seen and I'd done it! Too bad I didn't take a picture.
yeah steak is the best for clearing me out.  i work at a steakhouse and man, the shits people take when you're in the bathroom doing your own thing. schnabby also make me want to take a shit.

seas of luck

:D

Great review.  I was there last year and it brought back a lot of memories.  I made sure to get front and center because I wanted Yow to crowd surf over me.  I got my wish!   :lol:  I even taped two of the Yow songs and put them on youtube.  Check them out if you haven't already.

Chrome
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g3gp1VzmVkU

Night Goat
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dMmPn-6DUYM

I really wish I was able to tape more.  I'm planning on taping the whole show this year but it may not happen.  I'm going to try though dammit!  Are you going to the show next week?

Oh and I think the story with Yow was that Chunklet flew him in for their anniversary show.  I think he played two or three shows with The Melvins in the southeast that tour.

Jaron

Yeah man, I'm gonna be there. Already bought my tickets from School Kids and everything. Thanks for filling me in on that info on David Yow. And yeah I already saw those clips that you took of him. Let me know if you get more of the show this year. I'd like to have a copy for memories sake. I have a bootleg of my first concert there with Fantomas back in 2004. I listen to it every so often. I also got mp3s of when Yow was singing with them that night.