theMelvins.net Tribute Album

Started by Andy Wood, January 18, 2008, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

Good question. Perhaps we do it CDr format

Idlehanz

Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2008, 09:35:02 PM
Maybe from here on it, we figure out who is going to pay for this cd.  Then, we send in our covers anomalously to that person.  When everything is in, there's a vote, here on the board. 

A cd holds 80 minutes, so it will still get a lot of people on there.  Those who don't make it, go to the website.  Might be more trouble than it's worth, but it's an idea.

Andy Wood

Quote from: Idlehanz on March 12, 2008, 09:59:05 PM
Maybe from here on it, we figure out who is going to pay for this cd.  Then, we send in our covers anomalously to that person.  When everything is in, there's a vote, here on the board. 

A cd holds 80 minutes, so it will still get a lot of people on there.  Those who don't make it, go to the website.  Might be more trouble than it's worth, but it's an idea.

And a damn good idea at that. Conda has my vote for spearheading the project.
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

Idlehanz

Quote from: Andy Wood on March 12, 2008, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 12, 2008, 09:59:05 PM

And a damn good idea at that. Conda has my vote for spearheading the project.
I'm available for helping on this.  I know of a company here in Portland that I can go through, so that's an option.  I'll help however needed.

mopafeena

I up for helping in whatever way i can.

Maybe we could have the tracks as downloads from a website (as already mentioned by others) and the art as a pdf file or something. Just a thought.

Oh, and i'm now thinking that i might cover "Dead Wipe". I'm on holidays for two weeks at the end of next week so i'll hopefully get it all done during that time.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

(the) Razor

Like this?

http://www.stonerrock.org/

Sometimes they had multiple contributions to the artwork which I felt was nice because they kept them all.
Don't click this

anaconda

That's exactly it!! We provide a cover download and the songs, then people can rip their own CD.
It's not as collectable as a short-run, but it would get the job done in a cost-effective manner.

Ron Maiden

Quote from: mopafeena on March 13, 2008, 03:36:25 AM
I up for helping in whatever way i can.

Maybe we could have the tracks as downloads from a website (as already mentioned by others) and the art as a pdf file or something. Just a thought.

Oh, and i'm now thinking that i might cover "Dead Wipe". I'm on holidays for two weeks at the end of next week so i'll hopefully get it all done during that time.

i like this idea for i am a broke man.

i also wanted to cover dead wipe at some point

jgarver

After a small delay due to jingle bells, I got some over-nighted, and finally finished "Toy."
quod erat demonstrandum.

mckickflip

i'd love to do something - i'll try to do Judy. seee what i can come up with.

edit: i actually ended up doing Gluey Porch Treatments. it doesn't sound a whole lot like the original and it's kinda noisy, but I did it if you still want it :p

edit 2: disregard that. i'll try making a real version sometime, but this mix sounds horrenous.

Clint Flick

Hmmm...

Yeah, forgot all about this one.

I'll get on it this week and let you know when I finish something. Choice of Melvins tune subject to change w/o notice.

thor

Last time this idea was bantered around...I got a SF Bay Area metal band called Blitzenhamer to cover Revolve/Shitstorm. I recorded/engineered it.

www.myspace.com/thorstudios
Bass player, recording engineer, Melvins superfan

GrimReaper

Quote from: thor on March 24, 2008, 03:46:49 PM
Last time this idea was bantered around...I got a SF Bay Area metal band called Blitzenhamer to cover Revolve/Shitstorm. I recorded/engineered it.

www.myspace.com/thorstudios

And it's great.

GrimReaper

My son for some reason does not want to sing.

I wonder if Buzz ever had this problem.

I am going to ask Bad Ronald to sing Queen.

My brother is going to do Black Bock off of Stag.

If someone has some mentorship skills PM me. This is where the mentorship needs to be applied: he has his own music, expresses how it need to be accomplished, wants to sing the lyric himself, but will not do it.

rictus

Quote from: GrimReaper on March 26, 2008, 12:13:32 PM
he has his own music, expresses how it need to be accomplished, wants to sing the lyric himself, but will not do it.

I have the same problem..................with myself.  :D