theMelvins.net Tribute Album

Started by Andy Wood, January 18, 2008, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Honey

Quote from: Armofinfant on September 13, 2009, 07:51:46 PM
green honey are you talking about Lovely Butterfly?

Quote from: Green Honey
I just personally thought that the vocalist completely ruined your song which was otherwise done quite well, imho.

I was replying to seas of luck about the H of B M cover. Now edited my post.
Paranoiamania!  :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ron Maiden

i dont remember seas of lucks track. uploaded it somewhere

Green Honey

Quote from: Armofinfant on September 13, 2009, 08:13:31 PM
i dont remember seas of lucks track. uploaded it somewhere

It's on Myspace.

mopafeena

Looks good so far. Sorry to be annoying but can the band name on my track be changed to Lagomorphs (just an added 's').

Thanks for all your work at getting this going again.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

>>>JZS<<<

Green Honey

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 14, 2009, 09:13:37 AM
How do I get one of these?

Think it will be available very soon, downloadably speaking.

Ron Maiden

Incase this issue hasn't came up but would everyone please send a link to a an uploaded Wave file of your track to Green Honey? Green, you want waves right? atleast high quality mp3's. i'd want the listener to have the highest quality file for my track.

Green Honey

Quote from: Armofinfant on September 14, 2009, 01:27:54 PM
Incase this issue hasn't came up but would everyone please send a link to a an uploaded Wave file of your track to Green Honey? Green, you want waves right? atleast high quality mp3's. i'd want the listener to have the highest quality file for my track.

If possible, yes please.

seas of luck

Quote from: Green Honey on September 13, 2009, 12:50:38 PM

Quote from: Green Honey on September 13, 2009, 05:09:24 AM

01- Melvins - PfhloooyyyyyddddyyyyyooolhfP
02- Sick Nurse - Wispy                                                . . . Everything: Mar; et al
03- VWT - Anaconda                                                   . . . Everything: VWT
04- VWT - Toy                                                            . . . Everything: VWT
05- Green Tomarba - Roman Bird Dog                      . . . Guit: Bathroom Creep, TommyHC; Bass&Drums: MAR; Vox: Green Honey
06- Martians - Lovely Butterfly                                  . . . Inst/Seq: Green Honey; Vox/Synth/Noise: Armofinfant; Drum/Seq: I am the Sun
07- Lagomorph - Dead Wipe                                     . . . Everything: mopafeena
08- Starlite Agency - Night Goat                              . . . Idlehanz; King of Diamonds; 7 of Spades
09- MAR - Eye Flys                                                  . . . Everything: Mar; et al
10- Beatraver - Let It All Be                                    . . . unknown/Beatraver1
11- GrimReaper Jnr. w-Matt Hoffman - Queen    . . . Guitar: GrimReaper's son; Vox: Matt Hoffman (bionicanchovy)
12- Eponymous - Oven                                            . . . Vox/Seq: Eponymous
13- Armofinfant - Joan of Arc                                 . . . Everything: Dan M (Armofinfant)
14- Lazer - Theresa Screams Twice                        . . . Everything: Brad Black (anaconda)
15- Bjn - We We/Lizzy/Lacrimosa                          . . . Everything: Ben Nield (Green Honey)

yes/no?

Quote from: seas of luck on September 13, 2009, 10:41:32 AM
Was I kicked off?  I have kind of forgotten about this tribute because I recorded my track in 2006.  I'd still like to hear this though.

I just personally thought that the vocalist completely ruined your song, which was otherwise done quite well imho.

The above list is just my personal attempt at a possible running order.

...May be a good idea to have a poll for this?

May God have mercy on us all.

?

Isn't this supposed to be a downloadable release anyway?  I don't see the need to kick anyone off.  People can't delete the files they don't like.

GrimReaper

Hey Ben, here's the names for Queen:

Ben Rea -guitar/bass
Dalton Landers -guitar
Alex Silvi -drums
Matt Hoffman -vocals

mopafeena

Quote from: Green Honey on September 14, 2009, 05:18:56 PM

If possible, yes please.
Do you really want a WAV? I'll try and get one to you, but with my computer being broken and all might take a bit.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Green Honey

Quote from: mopafeena on September 15, 2009, 03:45:47 AM
Quote from: Green Honey on September 14, 2009, 05:18:56 PM

If possible, yes please.
Do you really want a WAV? I'll try and get one to you, but with my computer being broken and all might take a bit.

It's ok, mp3 is fine (ideally over 192 kbps).
I have the mp3's of the tracks from Myspace and they'll do if not.

Green Honey

Was I kicked off?  I have kind of forgotten about this tribute because I recorded my track in 2006.  I'd still like to hear this though.

I just personally thought that the vocalist completely ruined your song, which was otherwise done quite well imho.

?

Isn't this supposed to be a downloadable release anyway?  I don't see the need to kick anyone off.  People can't delete the files they don't like.

I don't have the right to decide on my own...(poll?)
Sorry I couldn't fit everything in on my version of the album, I don't want to piss on anyone's parade.
It's all about the quality/running order to me. Not easy.

Would it be possible (if you wanted) for you to make it an instrumental or replace the vocals? That'd be great. imho.

But whether or not this ends up being on the tribute (which depends on what people decide they want), the song is and will still be there on Myspace, anyway.

That probably makes me sound like a total c*nt. But I probably am. :lol:

seas of luck

Quote from: Green Honey on September 15, 2009, 09:11:19 AM

?

Isn't this supposed to be a downloadable release anyway?  I don't see the need to kick anyone off.  People can't delete the files they don't like.

I don't have the right to decide on my own...(poll?)
Sorry I couldn't fit everything in on my version of the album, I don't want to piss on anyone's parade.
It's all about the quality/running order to me. Not easy.

Would it be possible (if you wanted) for you to make it an instrumental or replace the vocals? That'd be great. imho.

But whether or not this ends up being on the tribute (which depends on what people decide they want), the song is and will still be there on Myspace, anyway.

That probably makes me sound like a total c*nt. But I probably am. :lol:

Dude, I'm not telling you how to sing on your tracks so don't tell me to replace the vocals on mine.  It doesn't matter what I do anyway because it's not going to compare to the original.  The vocals and lack of guitar on mine make it stand out a bit more.  Plus some people commented that they actually liked the vocals.  Maybe they were full of shit but either way it's just a cover song from an unsigned band, like everything on this "release".  It's suppose to be fun!  I could do a perfect clone of Brain Center at Whipples and everyone would still rather hear the Melvins version so don't worry about it.

Ron Maiden

I'm not trying to gang up or be mean. Nor am i saying that my track is any good.

But if i was the band on Seas of Luck's track and he did the vocals like that i'd feel a lil let down.

but i have to say its much better than Queen. That one sounds to me like they ran through it maybe once or twice and then hit record. Not the vocals though i think are some of the best of this whole collection, but come on. at the 2:30 mark the band kinda falls apart. I want to take that fucking Piccolo snare and throw it at Goldfinger, where ever they are now.

if you want to attack me thats fine but i'm just giving my opinion.

no one can fuck with Eponymous as far as i'm concerned on this collection.

also, should this thing be mastered somehow so all the track are close in volume? how seroius are we talking here?