The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

Thanks everyone. A good buddy of a good buddy picked up enough of the collection to "set me straight" for the while. All records sold at the same price as HAZE XXL sold them. No flipping BS allowed! :)

Dan_Halen

Quote from: sadcorps on January 07, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
Thanks everyone. A good buddy of a good buddy picked up enough of the collection to "set me straight" for the while. All records sold at the same price as HAZE XXL sold them. No flipping BS allowed! :)

Wow that was really cool of you. I sold all my extra 1983 10"s a year ago (only kept the one I really liked) ....and sold em for my cost and it felt good to help some folks out. That being said, I do somewhat disagree with your statement. I think a true Melvins fan that bought the records with the intent of keeping them who falls on some tough times, needs to sell them and happens to make a profit is not a flipper. I would consider it musical karma coming back to you. You chose awesome records so ya, the value increased. Either way I am happy for you and I'm sure your friend is happy too.  :D
Los ticka toe rest

Yanayaya

Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 07, 2014, 07:33:38 PM

Wow that was really cool of you. I sold all my extra 1983 10"s a year ago (only kept the one I really liked) ....and sold em for my cost and it felt good to help some folks out. That being said, I do somewhat disagree with your statement. I think a true Melvins fan that bought the records with the intent of keeping them who falls on some tough times, needs to sell them and happens to make a profit is not a flipper. I would consider it musical karma coming back to you. You chose awesome records so ya, the value increased. Either way I am happy for you and I'm sure your friend is happy too.  :D

Agreed. The going rate for a record should not be overlooked just because someone did not have the foresight to pick it up when released. Come on!!  Should I be obligated to sell some of my old Velvet Underground records for what I payed for them back in the early 70s?  I think not!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Dan_Halen

Quote from: Yanayaya on January 07, 2014, 09:07:43 PM

Agreed. The going rate for a record should not be overlooked just because someone did not have the foresight to pick it up when released. Come on!!  Should I be obligated to sell some of my old Velvet Underground records for what I payed for them back in the early 70s?  I think not!!

Sold! Check your PMs. :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

Dumpster D

edwinmoney

While we are talking about TG anyone actually seen one of these in person....?
http://www.discogs.com/Throbbing-Gristle-24-Hours/release/1352072

I would trade my left foot for one.  TG has some of the coolest limited edition stuff.
It never got weird enough for me.

Dumpster D

I would be Lying If I said yes, but they can be had for a price. Ive seen a few up for Grabs down by the bay.

John Schuller

Quote from: Yanayaya on January 07, 2014, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 07, 2014, 07:33:38 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah, I could've made twice as much on eBay or Discogs, but fuck it. I love the Melvins too much for ME to make money on them. ;) I once made a KILLING off of Eyvind Kang's "Sweetness of Sickness" CD's bought a box of them for $1 a piece and sold about ten of them on eBay for $100 a piece.  Ended up giving the rest of the box to Eyvind so he could make some money off of his own music, since that label probably never paid him a dime (or made a dime).

PorcoRosso

Stonergrunge

Hey guys, I know this is not a strictly Melvins-related thing but there are a couple of CDs available at Discogs and unfortunately I don't have a PayPal account so any help from a kind user of the board will be appreciated, thanks.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

PorcoRosso

Someone in the usa is selling
the melvins vs minneapolis on discogs for 60 clams :

http://www.discogs.com/buy/CD/Melvins-Melvins-Vs-Minneapolis/137911179?ev=wh

edit: yip, that went quick .

Helen83