Horrible Melvins interview from Terrorizer (scans)

Started by No_I_Have_Not, July 02, 2008, 03:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justafilthylurker

I think that guy actually likes the Melvins, weirdly enough.

norecess

GrimReaper

I just went to the Terrorizer Forum hopeing to see some discussion on the Melvins interview from the latest issue.

Nothing.

They don't discuss subjects like that.

I bet I could get myself banned from that forum in record time.

The Terorizer myspace does have some interesting friends, I didn't see the Melvins listed.

dijk cheese

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

Erikkerik

Doesn`t the end quite explain the concept? "It makes you want to take on Melvins the same way..." etc.
Not that that necesarily approves it, but atleast it doesn`t look like every other melvins-interview around.
I have brought the great ball of crystal;
            Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

Uncle Fester

Yeah, That interviwer was a total douche and extremely biased.... And he himself went into an over analitical trance of psychobabble to give you a  scientific reason on why the melvins "Suck".  But at times he did speak SOME positive truth.
move it to thew douche bag thread. I agree.

Smellis

I threw on Honky last night.  Freaktose.  Don't mess with Buzz.   8)
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

norecess

You knew Buzz plays bass on that track, right? Still badass though.

Smellis

Yeah I didn't know that. The whole album kicks ass. One of those nights where I went to my Melvins collection and started listening to some good stuff that's been sitting in the case too long. The drumming is wicked too. Everything from Thrashing thunder to Dale's signature wierd syncopation and odd off timey beats and stuff.
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

jaymz

Thats what the magazine is like you thinking he is a fan or is being ironic or its an in joke is just people trying to make it into what its not.
Which is a steaming pile or turd.

Pit

Quote from: Justafilthylurker on July 04, 2008, 04:10:52 PM
I think that guy actually likes the Melvins, weirdly enough.

I think so too.
anyway, that "interview" seemed a good idea went wrong. most interveiws with the Melvins are either some sort of asskissing interviews that repeats the mantra of The Melvins stand out on whatever type of music. Or that the interviewer tries to come up with some Buzz-like wittyness that makes you feel ashamed reading it.

Somehow, IF this interview was for real (some of the people from Terrorizer have been into them since the first days!) I think it was so sucky to read because things didn't backfire how one would expect. maybe only the "uk musicians on dole"...

at least this was something different
poke smot

turnacus

I don't know man, Honey Bucket might be one of my favorite Melvins songs of all time. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for it. (I heard it, went out to Best Buy and bought the first Melvins album I saw... Collosus of Destiny. Good thing I didn't quit) It almost out-Slayer's Slayer, without being from a band stuck on making the same music over and over.

In terms of single songs to lure people into the Melvins, I can't think of another one on par with Honey Bucket, except maybe Let It All Be, the live HOB version. My friend isn't a Melvins fan, but he listens to that over and over.

The Melvins made many great albums after Houdini, something Houdini wasn't. Think the Trilogy (the first two albums are classics, and the concept as a whole rocks). HAT blew me away. POTRE is an excellent change. (Obviously, I could go on and on).

So I guess to the average/casual Melvins fan, the clock stopped around 93.
Van Hagar