A Senile Animal, Nude with Boots, and The Bride reissues

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, April 28, 2021, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Von_Grip

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRRT_9opMs1/?utm_medium=copy_link

" Haze_xxl: What do you do with 90 misprinted blue splatter copies of a Melvin's classic? You make lemonade, and as Curley says VIOLA! Here's the gatefold, silk screened, with tipped in block prints, art edition of... (a) Senile Aminal. Those continually upset by small run, expensive hand made editions that sell out instantly, just walk away. This ain't for you! It's the first time I've recycled some imagery but it was too perfect for this title not to."
"im ol' south!"

Von_Grip

Total run of 100:
one edition of 66 copies
one edition of 24 copies
"im ol' south!"

johnnyg

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 07, 2021, 11:49:02 AM
Ipecac should be out a free Civilized Worm 7" single. Proof of purchase of the fucked up aSA automatically gets one.

Even a flexi would be cool.

I'll add that mistakes do happen- I'm not sure mailing a7-inch to everyone, in this economy, would be the right thing for everyone- that's a pretty hefty financial penalty to the label, especially when they offered to accept returns.

I guess if the label screwed up and didn't check the test press (or didn't even do a  test press) they should send out a flexi or 7-inch. If the mistake was on the plant side after test press approval, I kind of think you just have to let that one slide (though in that case, I think most plants would repress the record...?_) We'll probably never know.

Jozzy

Does anyone know if they plan on repressing the record correctly? I had to return mine because it was so badly warped and unplayable. I really don't want to pay for another copy that has a screwed up tracklist.

jules

Quote from: Jozzy on August 22, 2021, 01:52:50 PM
Does anyone know if they plan on repressing the record correctly? I had to return mine because it was so badly warped and unplayable. I really don't want to pay for another copy that has a screwed up tracklist.
They should be repressing ASA around December.

Jozzy

Did anyone here score a copy of the fancy edition? How much was it?

Jozzy

Quote from: jules on August 22, 2021, 02:03:19 PM
Quote from: Jozzy on August 22, 2021, 01:52:50 PM
They should be repressing ASA around December.

Sweet...I really hope so. ASA is up there with my favorites and I really want it in my collection.

Von_Grip

Quote from: Jozzy on August 22, 2021, 07:05:11 PM
Did anyone here score a copy of the fancy edition? How much was it?
didn't but it was $200, $225 respectively
"im ol' south!"

Benjamin Way

buddy holiday

https://bifocalmedia.com/ will have Melvins / A senile animal baseball shirts with haze's design 'lumpen the saddest walrus' today 3pm it said... edition of 300.

Von_Grip

"im ol' south!"

jules

As I understand it, HAZE and Walsby have had the manufacturers completely miss out the neck stitching and double-stitch the hem in error. For authenticity. A correctly stitched version will be on sale in December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c__-8KKbcE

Von_Grip

"im ol' south!"

jules

From Ipecec FB:

FIVE LEGGED DOG - Our manufacturer had to split up the order we did across a few months. Ipecac Webstore/Bandcamp orders will ship around the original Jan 28th release date. US record stores should have it March 11th and International record stores on April 8th. Good news is they came out looking and sounding great, as you can see in the video.

(A) SENILE ANIMAL - The manufacturing gods have not smiled upon us on this. We thought we'd have the corrected versions in December, but now it's looking like it won't be til the Summer.

OTHER RELEASES - Also this Summer, we should be getting some more stock of the standard color for the other reissues: Nude With Boots, Hostile Ambient Takeover, The Bride Screamed Murder and Gluey Porch Treatments. Lastly, we're working on a couple new vinyl reissues for later in 2022, so stay tuned for info on those.

Thanks again for all your patience and support!