buzz vs dale vs joe

Started by bonzo, October 11, 2009, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favorite of the 3 solo albums?

King Buzzo
10 (17.5%)
Dale Crover
39 (68.4%)
Joe Preston
8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 55

bUTTHOLEmAN

The size of the font corresponds to Buzz's hate.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: PrickHonky on October 13, 2009, 12:39:10 PM
why is Joe's name in such huge font on the back of Lysol while the Dale's is small and Buzz'z is tiny? Was it to make Joe feel special or did he whine about it?

The lenses in Joe's glasses were so thick everything looked smaller. If his name wasn't written so large he wouldn't know he was on the record. They were also the reason he played so slowly.

PrickHonky

Quote from: jules on October 14, 2009, 04:55:51 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 13, 2009, 12:39:10 PM
why is Joe's name in such huge font on the back of Lysol while the Dale's is small and Buzz'z is tiny? Was it to make Joe feel special or did he whine about it?

The lenses in Joe's glasses were so thick everything looked smaller. If his name wasn't written so large he wouldn't know he was on the record. They were also the reason he played so slowly.

that makes perfect sense. thank you  :toke:
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

irezumi

every time we have this thread i pick a different favorite

i think its just which phase im in eaxch time the thread rolls around

at first it was joe dale buzz

then it was dale joe buzz

now its dale buzz joe

irezumi

King Buzzo  4 (14.8%)
Dale Crover  20 (74.1%)
Joe Preston  3 (11.1%)

Total Voters: 27

Buick GN

FartLips

buzz(cause of isabella)
dale
joe

i gots all three on vinyl and cd, but not cassette. condi!!!!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Like Stee

Definitely Dale, Joe, Buzz.  Dale's is quality straight through.  Hands First Flower is serious heaviness in all its glory.  Porg and Skeeter are just filler.  King Buzzo could have been so much better.  That drums on Skeeter are fenomenal especially when you consider that Dave Grohl never plays double kick pedals, but it kind of seems wasted when you put Dave's story telling over the top of it.  It was funny the first time I heard it.  It hasn't been funny even once since then.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Idlehanz

Quote from: PrickHonky on October 12, 2009, 06:09:12 PM
Joe's is ok but sounds rushed to me.

If I remember correctly, they ( Buzz or Dale....it was in an interview somewhere )said he kept putting it off, like it was a homework assignment. 

norecess

Quote from: Idlehanz on October 15, 2009, 01:00:54 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 12, 2009, 06:09:12 PM
Joe's is ok but sounds rushed to me.

If I remember correctly, they ( Buzz or Dale....it was in an interview somewhere )said he kept putting it off, like it was a homework assignment. 

i think it was buzz.

buzz's solo album on the other hand, doesn't sound rushed AT ALL.

Idlehanz

Yea, I give Buzz a CLOSE second to Dale's....I just really love Respite and Hurter to the point of listening to them both over and over when I put that album in.

PrickHonky

Am I the only one who would like to see Buzz and Dale perform their solo stuff live as a kind of "warm-up" set before they play a real Melvins set?
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

turnacus

BUzz. the Isabella drum beat.
Van Hagar

Melvy

Dead Wipe is such a good song, definitely would make my best of Melvins compilation.