HAT and GPT reissues up for pre-order!

Started by rimb, November 13, 2020, 12:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PepsiMike

Did anyone read the liner notes for GPT? Buzz gets savage with Lukin!

Garnz

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 03, 2021, 05:52:50 PM

Read this a couple of minutes ago: does not sound like a huge friendship.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 02, 2021, 02:29:17 PM
Any problems with warping?
Yep, HAT LP was crazy warped.
        Wish these releases were 180 gram vinyl.

GiveMe45

My HAT showed up today from Bleep in Europe.  Won't have time to break into it tonight but hopefully tomorrow while I'm working

CoryCory

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 03, 2021, 05:52:50 PM

His hatred for 7 Seconds just comes out of nowhere too. And those comments about THE GOLDEN ERA are hilarious.

Von_Grip

im still hoping they'll have the good sense to reprint the HAT tee
"im ol' south!"

Dumpster D

Could anyone transcribe the GPT liner notes maybe? I'd' like to read, Buzz is a great writer.

Colonel Cheese

I got the new one and the reissues. All my lps looked good and not warped but I haven't spun them yet.

Colonel Cheese

I have to admit though that I'm slightly disappointed with the fold out poster for the new one. ;p

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 04, 2021, 02:57:06 AM
Could anyone transcribe the GPT liner notes maybe? I'd' like to read, Buzz is a great writer.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dead mike

Got my pink HAT from Europecac yesterday. Sounds great! No warping or any other issue. Props to Mackie and whoever did the new layouts.

By far my favorite melvins record. Ahh, I wish I could time travel back to 2002 and see them again on tour with Rutmanis. BEST. melvins. BASSIST. EVER.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

))))((((

Quote from: dead mike on March 06, 2021, 11:17:59 AM
Ahh, I wish I could time travel back to 2002 and see them again on tour with Rutmanis. BEST. melvins. BASSIST. EVER.
Agreed. THE definitive Melvins era in my book. I can't see it ever being topped although i hope im wrong.

jonE5

Quote from: dead mike on March 06, 2021, 11:17:59 AM
Got my pink HAT from Europecac yesterday. Sounds great! No warping or any other issue. Props to Mackie and whoever did the new layouts.

By far my favorite melvins record. Ahh, I wish I could time travel back to 2002 and see them again on tour with Rutmanis. BEST. melvins. BASSIST. EVER.

My copies just arrived the other day.

HAT looks fantastic. Very well done indeed!
So happy to finally have this on a 12" slab. Been wishing for years to have it!

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

I saw the Melvins with Kevin several times and each time he was different. I will never forget the HAT tour, as they played at a club called North 6 (which eventually turned into the Music hall of Williamsburg). I played that CD to death in the weeks before the show. It was by far my favorite Melvins album to date, and they played most of the album and it was a truly remarkable event. ISIS opened up, I think. Kevin did not play slide bass to my memory. Maybe that was just for the album recording.

Also, for this HAT vinyl release, I think this is the first time Melvins have included lyrics to any of their songs on an album. Amirite?
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

CoryCory

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on March 14, 2021, 02:08:23 PM
I saw the Melvins with Kevin several times and each time he was different. I will never forget the HAT tour, as they played at a club called North 6 (which eventually turned into the Music hall of Williamsburg). I played that CD to death in the weeks before the show. It was by far my favorite Melvins album to date, and they played most of the album and it was a truly remarkable event. ISIS opened up, I think. Kevin did not play slide bass to my memory. Maybe that was just for the album recording.

Also, for this HAT vinyl release, I think this is the first time Melvins have included lyrics to any of their songs on an album. Amirite?

I know for sure Ozma had lyrics printed for most of the songs
Houdini had the lyrics to Hooch
Senile Animal has snippets of lyrics in the booklet