buzz vs dale vs joe

Started by bonzo, October 11, 2009, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favorite of the 3 solo albums?

King Buzzo
10 (17.5%)
Dale Crover
39 (68.4%)
Joe Preston
8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Schnabster

TheLegitMan93

DALE'S! Contains two of the greatest Melvins songs ever. Dale should start his own side-band.

anaconda

Oh wait ... ALTAMONT   :lol:

Dumpster D

Buzz's is pretty heavy. But Dale is SOLID GOLD!

by far the most under rated musician of the 20th century.

the Dale EP is beautiful.

Joe is still the laziest fartknocker, that EP could have been given to someone who actually deserved it.

A lorax EP would have been cool to see.

Vcavallo

Quote from: Dumpster D on June 23, 2010, 06:31:51 PM
A lorax EP would have been cool to see.

Now you're talking.

and:  Buzz.  Repetitive, brooding and stellar.  Dale's sounds a bit too upbeat for me.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Dumpster D

I thought Dale's EP was very sad sounding.

wildwill

Without A Doubt......DALE CROVER
8)Dead Wipe

Captain CoryCory

Mount Ambulance

I donno ... Joe's gets no love ... Joe's is great! Don't buy Buzz's hype! If I had to choose:
Buzz/Dale/Joe ... three way tie for 1st. place! My vote goes to burning 'em onto cd and hitting shuffle ... a beautiful mix everytime!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

anaconda

hhahaha I did that too but without a shuffle, I made a disc with Dale's first leading into Joe's followed by Buzz's.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Dumpster D on June 24, 2010, 01:13:21 AM

I thought Dale's EP was very sad sounding.

Yeah I always got that vibe too ... I always loved that about it. Very unique. Right outta the box when they came out Dale's was my fave ... and remained so for years ... only recently have I move towards the three way tie theory.

Quote from: anaconda on August 20, 2010, 11:07:05 PM
hhahaha I did that too but without a shuffle, I made a disc with Dale's first leading into Joe's followed by Buzz's.

I did tonight ... the shuffle cycled through a mix of all Buzz and Joe's tunes ... and ended w/ all Dale's in a row. Nice flow!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

amazonAMAZON

Dale has probably the most consistent of the three, but Buzz might be my fave. I really like Joe's short tracks. HFF I kinda dread going into it, but I'm always stoked about half way through. "Skeeter" was instantly the most memorable. "Isabella" deserves to be in the permanent setlist. "Annum" and "Porg" are underrated.

Really wish we could get a proper compilation disc that also includes the Steven EP.

JASONALEXANDER

Quote from: Schnabster on June 22, 2010, 03:08:27 AM
Buzz for me.

I go back on this, Joe Preston is where it`s at now, due to Bricklebit:

https://youtu.be/CbA9WYOYQes
"DM is a real american hero." (Fart Lips 27.09.2023)

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

I need to give these EP's a listen again. I don't know them very well at all. In fact i rarely listen to any Melvins releases prior to The Maggot. Not sure why really.