Best produced melvins album.

Started by BlueBob, August 14, 2005, 07:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy

Quote from: lord of heavinessi think if ozma was remastered and re-mixed a bit it would be one of their most crushing albums.

yeah.  it just needs to be louder and thicker.  i mean, the music itself is great, but the tinniness takes away some of the effect.  and the vocals are a little "buried"

benton netty

Quote from: Dudbean
Quote from: benton netty
Quote from: rhett E rockPOTRE just has so many subtleties (sp?) with the production, i love that.  the sound on track 5 alone.  what the fuck though, that whole album is genious.

not sure that a person who can't spell "genius" should be allowed to deem anything that word.

ha. burn.

Not sure that a person who incorrectly uses "deem" should be allowed to burn somone for an honest spelling mistake, especially considering you forgot a word in your sentence.

Ha. Slight charring effect.

not to nitpick, but "deem" means "regard as" or "to consider," so if you mean that i forgot the "as," you're wrong. because it's included in the word. and, i replaced the word "genius" with the words "that word."

"deem" is a better choice than "call," i think. because it has to do with having an opinion.

but, bottom line? it's comedy. like if i was to say you were "smarte." it's incongruous. have a laugh and take the cork out of your butt, ponch!

Cranial Bifida

shaaaa whatever, how about COLOSSUS OF DESTINY.  :idea:

THE DON

Quote from: rhett E rockPOTRE just has so many subtleties (sp?) with the production, i love that.  the sound on track 5 alone.  what the fuck though, that whole album is genious.

not sure that a person who can't spell "genius" should be allowed to deem anything that word.

ha. burn.

Not sure that a person who incorrectly uses "deem" should be allowed to burn somone for an honest spelling mistake, especially considering you forgot a word in your sentence.

Ha. Slight charring effect.

not to nitpick, but "deem" means "regard as" or "to consider," so if you mean that i forgot the "as," you're wrong. because it's included in the word. and, i replaced the word "genius" with the words "that word."

"deem" is a better choice than "call," i think. because it has to do with having an opinion.

but, bottom line? it's comedy. like if i was to say you were "smarte." it's incongruous. have a laugh and take the cork out of your butt, ponch!

The cork is nowhere near my shit exit, gonch. Even though your original post had no comedy in it, I knew you weren't being totally serious with your criticism. That's why I wrote "Ha. Slight charring effect" after you wrote "ha. burn". I was trying to be lighthearted. I would've written "You're a fucking hypocrite" if I had been serious, but I wasn't. And I'm still not - I'm just having fun typing things on a bulletin board.

yae mna i mispel wrods wong her al the time .
dudumumu

benton netty

Quote from: Cranial Bifidashaaaa whatever, how about COLOSSUS OF DESTINY.  :idea:

it's definitely not the best produced melvins album. it's unproduced.

Vcavallo

Quote from: Cranial Bifidashaaaa whatever, how about COLOSSUS OF DESTINY.  :idea:

it's definitely not the best produced melvins album. it's unproduced.

something about this comment just sort of annoys me.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

chopklop

I didn't want to look at all the previous pages, so I'm gonna say Stoner Witch, I like the way the drums clip-it's just right. Dale=Overlord of Drums.

thegrumpylil'hermit

I find all Melvins albums to be somewhat lacking in good production.   HAT is probably at the top though.   There are some albums that you can just pop in and not have to adjust the eq on your stereo at all to get an awesome sound.   That to me is a sign of an album that has been produced very well.   Steve Albini does this every time.

thegrumpylil'hermit

Quote from: Vcavalloyea, i got the general idea.  i'm not going to be the first (or last, or ever) to complain about someone adding a letter in a word where it doesn't belong, unless i can't understand it and i have a desire to.  
plenty of times around here people communicate in the most unintelligible way, but i don't say anything because i don't give a shit about what they are trying to get across.

hey, take it easy man....they're real people too.    :(

:lol:

Vcavallo

Quote from: thegrumpylil'hermithey, take it easy man....they're real people too.    :(  
i know, i wasn't trying to be mean.  i was saying i forgive grammar and spelling.  it doesn't bother me.  
when it gets too atrocious i just don't bother with the whole post.  indeed, they are real people, i'm not targeting anyone.  

:toke:

Vcavallo

i was listening to OZMA today...
i think it is as close to a perfect album in that style as the melvins could have gotten.  the songwriting is so creative and the way the vocals and drums interplay really keeps one on ones toes.  
i find that i really enjoy the production...i can't see why everyone dislikes it so.  i think it's quite crushing, and not at all tinny. maybe you guys just have the volume too low?  ozma is all drums to these ears, and that's a positive mark in V.C.'s book.  i hardly find the vocals buried, also..they seem quite apparent to me (maybe not on top of the mix, but definitely in a niche of their own in the sound.)  LOVE IT

top 10 favorite albums material

KURDTLUVUR!

Quote from: thegrumpylil'hermit
Quote from: Vcavalloyea, i got the general idea.  i'm not going to be the first (or last, or ever) to complain about someone adding a letter in a word where it doesn't belong, unless i can't understand it and i have a desire to.  
plenty of times around here people communicate in the most unintelligible way, but i don't say anything because i don't give a shit about what they are trying to get across.

hey, take it easy man....they're real people too.    :(

Here's some more real peepholes!

May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

klump

Quote from: Vcavalloi was listening to OZMA today...
i think it is as close to a perfect album in that style as the melvins could have gotten.  the songwriting is so creative and the way the vocals and drums interplay really keeps one on ones toes.  
i find that i really enjoy the production...i can't see why everyone dislikes it so.  i think it's quite crushing, and not at all tinny. maybe you guys just have the volume too low?  ozma is all drums to these ears, and that's a positive mark in V.C.'s book.  i hardly find the vocals buried, also..they seem quite apparent to me (maybe not on top of the mix, but definitely in a niche of their own in the sound.)  LOVE IT

top 10 favorite albums material

I like the songwriting very much.
more focused than gluey, but still weird and quirkey :)

Vcavallo

yea, definitely more focused than gluey.  i think the production suits the feel of the writing very well.  i wouldn't want it produced like...GPT for example. it would remove the attention from the song's directions where it belongs.  there is plenty of time to hide sub-par writing with weight, i don't need it on ozma.  

i would switch my GPT tattoo for an Ozma tattoo.  i don't regret it, but if the two were interchangeable i'd be ok.