Sugar Daddy Live

Started by Pringles, February 23, 2011, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danimal

Thanks for the kind words, Razor and Mr Luck.

And yeah, I don't think there's any question about SSB's baseball connection. They ham it up a bit but I don't really see it as satire.

PS- Yankees suck!

MrLuck87

Quote from: danimal on May 28, 2011, 10:34:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Razor and Mr Luck.

And yeah, I don't think there's any question about SSB's baseball connection. They ham it up a bit but I don't really see it as satire.

PS- Yankees suck!

That's how I've seen it.  Plus so many people hate or dislike America so it seems like one of those things they do to irritate people who probably deserve to be irritated!

Mad Arab

You're jealous of the Yankees. Best team with the best legacy.

Satire in the way described above and also that America while great should not be viewed as America right or wrong. Plus the feeling I get from Buzz when he often says the world is not a right place in that they rightly deserve accolades but are criminally underrated.

But yeah, the main reason is a homage to baseball.

jonE5

Quote from: Sweet Willy Deutrom on May 28, 2011, 11:26:43 AM
You're jealous of the Yankees. Best team with the best legacy.

Satire in the way described above and also that America while great should not be viewed as America right or wrong. Plus the feeling I get from Buzz when he often says the world is not a right place in that they rightly deserve accolades but are criminally underrated.

But yeah, the main reason is a homage to baseball.

Go Yanks!!  :D/ :D/ :D/

MrLuck87

So did Sugar Daddy not leak?  I'm surprised.

riley

Mad Arab

Because it is so poopy it wasn't worth a leak.

Mad Arab

They ruined Tipping The Lion. Whats up with the Hetfield like "YA" at the end of each verse?

Mad Arab

Eye Flys is great though.

riley

The ending half to Boris was unexpected.  :lol:

Metalhead Cow

"Get out of my personal space" :lol:

Metalhead Cow

CD sounds great. I just wish Suicide In Progess, Billy Fish, Honey Bucket, Blood Witch, and My Generation had been included, but eveything that's on the album sounds awesome. Dog Island, Boris, Eye Flys, A History Of Bad Men, and Star Spangled Banner are highlights to me.

MrLuck87

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 30, 2011, 11:09:43 PM
CD sounds great. I just wish Suicide In Progess, Billy Fish, Honey Bucket, Blood Witch, and My Generation had been included, but eveything that's on the album sounds awesome. Dog Island, Boris, Eye Flys, A History Of Bad Men, and Star Spangled Banner are highlights to me.

Agreed!  I can't wait to buy it today and see the artwork!

Metalhead Cow

Me too, I can't wait to see the artwork. It's always part of the fun when a new melvins album comes out! I don't really know of any stores near where I live now that would carry Melvins records though, so I'm not sure when I'm gonna be able to get this one.

(the) flutter nuts

i'm gonna have to drive  a good half hour to go pick this up
I got the shits real bad.