Quick Melvins lyrics question

Started by al27, December 10, 2006, 09:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al27

This probably isn't worth its own post, but I'm gonna do it anyway:

How come there's no lyrics thread for the two albums the Melvins did with Jello Biafra?

Is it because Jello wrote and sang the songs instead of Buzz?  Does that make it not count as a Melvins album?

Just curious.

-al27

Mad Arab

The lyrics are printed in the CD sleeve.

CaptainPungent

Eponymous

al27

Some people (me) like to read the lyrics before buying an album, not after.

I doubt I'd end up getting either of those anyway, I mean, it is Jello Biafra, I'm sure its got some stuff thats fairly offensive in it, but I was mostly just curious as to why it wasn't included in the lyrics section of the forum, since it does seem to me that it would qualify as a Melvins album.

You know, since the Melvins are playing on it the entire time.

-al27

Eponymous

Quote from: al27 on December 11, 2006, 07:05:20 PM
I mean, it is Jello Biafra, I'm sure its got some stuff thats fairly offensive in it

Why do you make this assumption?
Do you find his other stuff offensive?

CaptainPungent

i bet he really means biased politically

al27

Quote from: Eponymous on December 11, 2006, 09:11:05 PM
I mean, it is Jello Biafra, I'm sure its got some stuff thats fairly offensive in it

I don't care too much about the political stuff, but there was a lot of swearing and stuff on the Dead Kennedy's albums.  Thats what I mean by "offensive," stuff like swearing, other explicit material.  I don't care about the political bias at all.  Or political anything for that matter.

I figure some of that type of stuff is on the Jello/Melvins albums, but like I said, I wasn't planning on buying them, I was just going around on the lyrics board and I noticed those albums weren't included, and wondered why not.

-al27

norecess

I've read some of your posts before, and I know you appreciate the Melvins a lot as well for not using any offensive words and swearing. But, come on dude, don't you think it's a bit close minded to judge something by something as words? Those are just words, meaningless. The sound, and what the whole thing expresses, music AND the vocals, is what counts, and not listening to something because there's bunch of 'fuck's' in it, is just pretty blunt. I mean, a band could have an album with some 'offensive' lyrics and weak riffs in it and you won't buy it, because of the lyrics anyway, right? While in the meantime, you're loving a band with only punishing, offensive, aggressive and evil riffs! Sorry dude, I just had to get this off my chest.

Now, I'm sorry if this is gonna break your heart, but I just have to do this.

http://www.themelvins.net/discography/special/trilogy/index.htm
http://www.themelvins.net/discography/special/trilogy/pages/mel2_jpg.htm

CaptainPungent

Quote from: norecess on December 12, 2006, 07:37:28 PM

Now, I'm sorry if this is gonna break your heart, but I just have to do this.

http://www.themelvins.net/discography/special/trilogy/index.htm
http://www.themelvins.net/discography/special/trilogy/pages/mel2_jpg.htm
haha
he's too young
noooooo!!!

Quote from: al27 on December 12, 2006, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: Eponymous on December 11, 2006, 09:11:05 PM

I don't care too much about the political stuff, but there was a lot of swearing and stuff on the Dead Kennedy's albums.  Thats what I mean by "offensive," stuff like swearing, other explicit material.  I don't care about the political bias at all.  Or political anything for that matter.

I figure some of that type of stuff is on the Jello/Melvins albums, but like I said, I wasn't planning on buying them, I was just going around on the lyrics board and I noticed those albums weren't included, and wondered why not.

-al27
how can you figure there is going to be political stuff on the jelvins album but not cursing?
i mean, if you know that jello is political, you would, no should know cussing is gonna be in there as well.
are you serious?

norecess

The Melvins are a very political band in a non-governmental way.

Eponymous

I don't recall a lot of swearing on Dead Kennedys albums.

Apart from "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" and "Too Drunk to Fuck".

klump

I doubt I'd end up getting either of those anyway, I mean, it is Jello Biafra, I'm sure its got some stuff thats fairly offensive in it, but I was mostly just curious as to why it wasn't included in the lyrics section of the forum, since it does seem to me that it would qualify as a Melvins album.

-al27

posts like this offends  me.

FartLips

Quote from: klump on December 13, 2006, 08:39:41 AM

-al27

posts about posts like this offend me.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

klump

Quote from: FART LIPS on December 13, 2006, 08:54:52 AM
Quote from: klump on December 13, 2006, 08:39:41 AM

-al27

posts about posts like this offend me.

posts about posts that offende me, offend me