MELVINS/Void Manes

Started by glen, January 26, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 01, 2023, 04:03:04 AM
Quote from: John Schuller on July 01, 2023, 12:47:31 AM
So far 2023 has been a great year for Melvins releases! Bad Mood Rising, The Devil You Knew, and now Throbbing Jazz Gristle Funk Hits.
BMR was 2022 but yeah over an actual 12 months that's a few releases. I personally wouldn't say it's that great of a run though. The trilogy probably takes some beating!

That's right! BMR was 2022!!!!

I love the Trilogy, but could do without The Crybaby. If it could be replaced with Colossus of Destiny - then it would RULE!!!

vince furnier

Quote from: John Schuller on July 01, 2023, 03:12:09 PM

I love the Trilogy, but could do without The Crybaby. If it could be replaced with Colossus of Destiny - then it would RULE!!!

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: John Schuller on July 01, 2023, 03:12:09 PM
I like The Crybaby, it grew on me a LOT over the years but i do completely agree with you about COD replacing it. I think that would have been the best resolution of that project and then have The Crybaby be a differently titled, separate release.

amazonAMAZON

They both function fine as the Apple Jam of the Melvins' All Things Must Pass.

I think Ipecac made the right choice for the label. I'm also convinced COD nuked the expectations for HAT.

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Nice of that asshat to block the online system so a real fan couldn't buy it in the first place.
What some some desparate scumbags won't do to try and make a lousy dollar....

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 02, 2023, 10:55:35 AM
https://www.discogs.com/es/seller/amoeboas/profile

vince furnier

Quote from: 01001010 on July 02, 2023, 11:06:05 AM
Nice of that asshat to block the online system so a real fan couldn't buy it in the first place.
What some some desparate scumbags won't do to try and make a lousy dollar....

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 02, 2023, 10:55:35 AM
https://www.discogs.com/es/seller/amoeboas/profile

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

John Schuller

I fucking HATE record flippers.

I went to the Los Angeles Gizzverse record fair for King Gizzard the day before the Gizzard show. Bought a 7" for $17.00, saw people buying stacks of this 7", by the next day they were on Discogs as high up as $999.00. Serious assholes. Scum of the Earth. As bad as an corporate executive.

))))((((

To anyone who has heard the vinyl version, is Heathen Earth the same one that is on Everybody Loves Sausages? I expected it to be but then Hamburger Lady is different on this than the one on the Clowns 7".

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 02, 2023, 02:35:17 PM
To anyone who has heard the vinyl version, is Heathen Earth the same one that is on Everybody Loves Sausages? I expected it to be but then Hamburger Lady is different on this than the one on the Clowns 7".

Really? did you receive the CD?

I ripped the original version many years ago and never knew the right speed of the flexi... I thought it was 33 1/3 rpm.

And what about Subhuman?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

#2 Pencil

As they're not included on the cd, and the lp ends with a locked groove, my guess is that subhuman is just repeated in the lock. Unsure what Heathen Earth would be. Hoping mine arrives soon. The digital version is great.
I heard their periods attract bears

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 02, 2023, 04:43:57 PM
And what about Subhuman?
Yeah Subhuman too. I heard that one on the 7" ages ago and can't remember what it is like. Again, just from a fan view i'd love to know if it's the exact same recording here on TJGFH.

Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 02, 2023, 05:45:05 PM
The digital version is great.
I've found myself warming to it. On my first listen i thought it was pretty inconsequential but now i can respect it a lot. For what it is, it's good! I'd give it a 7/10 in line with Love. In fact i might say it is marginally better than Love.

#2 Pencil

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 02, 2023, 06:08:49 PM

Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 02, 2023, 05:45:05 PM
The digital version is great.
I've found myself warming to it. On my first listen i thought it was pretty inconsequential but now i can respect it a lot. For what it is, it's good! I'd give it a 7/10 in line with Love. In fact i might say it is marginally better than Love.

This is how TG is. You don't get it first listen. But something keeps you going back for more. Then one day, you find yourself loving them.
I heard their periods attract bears

whiney

The "Hamburger Lady" on the CD is not the same as the one on the tribute flexi

))))((((

Quote from: whiney on July 02, 2023, 06:31:09 PM
The "Hamburger Lady" on the CD is not the same as the one on the tribute flexi
I knew that one wasn't. I remember the Tribute one was quite long whereas the album one is only a minute or so in duration. Do you know whether Subhuman and Heathen Earth are?