The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DToxico

Been meaning to see the Anvil thing. I've read commentary from at least a few different people who were entirely unfamiliar with the band and honestly thought it was a mockumentary about a fictional band (until being set straight much later), which makes it sound a lot more interesting than it probably is

But anyway, I'm glad this is finished and can't wait to fork over for a physical copy and give it a watch. And there are very few things I care enough about to buy physical copies of anymore.

cmo23

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 25, 2017, 08:45:28 PM
Has anyone else who paid over $300 gotten the movie in the special box with the extra material disc??  I'm still waiting.....patiently. :^o

Received the following email regarding the boxed edition yesterday:

Hey there special edition box backers!

We've been getting questions as to when the 3 disc box set will be released and the answer is....not for a little while.  And that is pretty much my fault.  About a month ago I received a pretty severe concussion that hospitalized me and now has me in three therapy sessions per week as well as not being able to do my normal job.  It has affected my memory, my sleep, my stamina, and mostly just my thinking. As a result, I have not been able to work on the third disc of extras. Some of it is done, but there is a lot more I want to add to it.  I've had trouble remembering how to edit and use keyboard shortcuts that I've been using for years.  I'm trying to do a little bit every day in hopes that it will help me remember what to do. I sincerely apologize for the wait.  Your patience will be rewarded. 
Thanks,
Ryan

Get well soon, Ryan :(

John Schuller

Quote from: cmo23 on October 03, 2017, 12:53:50 PM
Has anyone else who paid over $300 gotten the movie in the special box with the extra material disc??  I'm still waiting.....patiently. :^o

We've been getting questions as to when the 3 disc box set will be released and the answer is....not for a little while.  And that is pretty much my fault.  About a month ago I received a pretty severe concussion that hospitalized me and now has me in three therapy sessions per week as well as not being able to do my normal job.  It has affected my memory, my sleep, my stamina, and mostly just my thinking. As a result, I have not been able to work on the third disc of extras. Some of it is done, but there is a lot more I want to add to it.  I've had trouble remembering how to edit and use keyboard shortcuts that I've been using for years.  I'm trying to do a little bit every day in hopes that it will help me remember what to do. I sincerely apologize for the wait.  Your patience will be rewarded. 
Thanks,
Ryan

For real - no hurry on this! Good things come to those of us who wait. We already have access to the film so at this point, we are just talking about a physical copy and bonus stuff. No hurry - get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it takes a year, I am cool.

Godflesh

Quote from: sadcorps on October 03, 2017, 01:01:21 PM
Quote from: cmo23 on October 03, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

Thanks,
Ryan

For real - no hurry on this! Good things come to those of us who wait. We already have access to the film so at this point, we are just talking about a physical copy and bonus stuff. No hurry - get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it takes a year, I am cool.

+1
--- Heavy user ---

FantoMANKY

Not trying to be pushy or anything like that but any updates?  Dont want this topic to drop off this place more than anything.  I want my stuff!!!  Ok not like right away, I can totally wait but you know what I mean.  Seriously though hope all is well Ryan.

bUTTHOLEmAN

You are well within your rights to ask about your stuff, no need for the preface.  Hopefully it's coming soon.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cmo23

been a few months now, anyone heard any news about the collector/box edition?  :?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: cmo23 on January 06, 2018, 03:21:36 PM
been a few months now, anyone heard any news about the collector/box edition?  :?
Nope
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(the) flutter nuts

Yeah, i'm really hoping this will be done soon
I got the shits real bad.

amazonAMAZON

I missed the pledge funding, and would love to buy some physical manifestation of it that includes a CD with the live recordings of it because I collect CDs still (I'm sure plenty here would prefer vinyl).

Considering getting the 2 disc DVD here, though:

http://revolvemerchandise.shop/colossus-of-destiny

[edited to remove obvious failure to google]

John Schuller

I know Idlehanz has been dealing with a gnarly concussion that he suffered a few months back. I know he will get this completed as soon as he is able.

GrimReaper

Yes, Idle's a stand up guy. It will be worth the wait.

PepsiMike

This shouldn't be on idles shoulders, though.  Bob is also part of this, and has enough experience and resources to get it done himself. With the extra money made through the kickstarter, they should hire outside help. Hopefully an official update will come soon.

buddy holiday

Quote from: PepsiMike on January 10, 2018, 03:42:28 AM
This shouldn't be on idles shoulders, though.  Bob is also part of this, and has enough experience and resources to get it done himself. With the extra money made through the kickstarter, they should hire outside help. Hopefully an official update will come soon.
i truely hope idle is getting better of course, but what you mentioned is exactly what I would expect.
also considering that the money from the collectors sets made-up a substantial part of the overall kickstarter funding. without these sets the goal might even not be reached at all.
I would at least expect more frequent updates as to when we could expect it.

rimb

Quote from: buddy holiday on January 10, 2018, 05:49:39 AM
Quote from: PepsiMike on January 10, 2018, 03:42:28 AM
i truely hope idle is getting better of course, but what you mentioned is exactly what I would expect.
also considering that the money from the collectors sets made-up a substantial part of the overall kickstarter funding. without these sets the goal might even not be reached at all.
I would at least expect more frequent updates as to when we could expect it.

Yeah this is getting very frustrating.

I've sent several polite emails over the last few months with no response  :(