What is the Melvins merchandise "Holy Grail"?

Started by TOOL, July 08, 2012, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on August 15, 2020, 09:41:39 AM
Bump.

One positive of being furloughed and/or choosing to stay home during COVID is finding stuff online that you might not have otherwise looked for. Making up for not being able to see Melvins on tour this year has been discovering some rare shit that might be thought of as Holy Grail material. First up: original 1993 Houdini test pressing:

Let's be seeing all your latest purchases. I know there are other nut cases out there.

ha! you did it, well done jules!... i am proud of you :buzz:

amazonAMAZON

What the fuck is that truck? Looks like it's done in crayon

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Quote from: black stallion on December 12, 2020, 04:00:31 AM
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on December 11, 2020, 05:37:30 PM

is Dale driving that truck? in case i might consider buying it

Your Dale Crover action figure can sit in the cab. Dress him as a truck driver first.

black stallion

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on December 11, 2020, 09:18:54 PM
What the fuck is that truck? Looks like it's done in crayon

Highlighters.  :P  It's an old toy truck I've had since I was a little kid.  Found it along with some of those stickers from when they were giving them away at shows in 2004 or so.

moose

What's the story with the army men? Is this an old story I forgot about?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: moose on December 12, 2020, 05:53:58 PM
What's the story with the army men? Is this an old story I forgot about?
Around 2016, some guy(maybe more?) took a 3d scan of the melvins, with the supposed intent of auctioning them/selling them(?) I don't think they ever went up for sale.

http://www.armymanproject.com/
https://www.facebook.com/armymanproject/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/315856237/the-army-man-project
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dirtmerchant

I'm really surprised with all the action figures of bands coming out that they haven't done something like that yet. Maybe with no touring that's something they will be doing next year haha. That company super 7 has done a ton of musicians in the vintage style action figures on cool cards. Hell I'd buy a Houdini one with the two headed dog. Make the card look like the cover of Houdini. I imagine there are rights involved in all of that. But hey, I'd also buy Melvins figures that look like army men too 😅

jules

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on December 11, 2020, 09:18:54 PM
What the fuck is that truck?
:lol: :lol:

Quote from: dirtmerchant on December 12, 2020, 09:09:55 PM
I'm really surprised with all the action figures of bands coming out that they haven't done something like that yet. Maybe with no touring that's something they will be doing next year haha. That company super 7 has done a ton of musicians in the vintage style action figures on cool cards. Hell I'd buy a Houdini one with the two headed dog. Make the card look like the cover of Houdini. I imagine there are rights involved in all of that. But hey, I'd also buy Melvins figures that look like army men too 😅

Weren't Ipecac going to sell a set of Melvins figures? Sure I saw a photo of these during the 2018 tour.

Von_Grip

funnny  like 15yrs ago, i had been questing after the  tora tora tora box set, i did think it was def one of their many "holy grail" items- not anymore though
"im ol' south!"

Garnz

I have the test pressing of the never officially released vinyl version of Electroretard on Man's Ruin.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Garnz on December 14, 2020, 11:29:57 AM
I have the test pressing of the never officially released vinyl version of Electroretard on Man's Ruin.
That record has been now been touched by at least four forum members.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Garnz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 14, 2020, 12:35:13 PM

Our challenge cup  :)

black stallion

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 14, 2020, 12:35:13 PM

:shock: