What is the Melvins merchandise "Holy Grail"?

Started by TOOL, July 08, 2012, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOOL

Is it the Trilogy?  The fetus?  the Senile Animal box with the belt buckle & comic?  What's your opinion and do you own it?

I really love my can of Melvins Meat but I would sure like to have the fetus.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

camaroballa22

Trilogy (6 sided swastika), shit sandwich 7", ozma skateboard, melvins fetus, melvins sb dunks, melvins zippo, piss yellow eggnog, electroretard vinyl test pressing, paraquat plus test pressing, endless residency test pressing, bride screamed murder test pressing, love canal pink test pressing, a LEGIT melvins nirvana here she comes now 7", melvins spit it out 7", lysol uncensored and sealed. Those are off the top of my head, im sure im gonna reply when i can think of more stuff.
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

jules

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: camaroballa22 on July 08, 2012, 02:42:59 PM
Trilogy (6 sided swastika), shit sandwich 7", ozma skateboard, melvins fetus, melvins sb dunks, melvins zippo, piss yellow eggnog, electroretard vinyl test pressing, paraquat plus test pressing, endless residency test pressing, bride screamed murder test pressing, love canal pink test pressing, a LEGIT melvins nirvana here she comes now 7", melvins spit it out 7", lysol uncensored and sealed. Those are off the top of my head, im sure im gonna reply when i can think of more stuff.
Do you have a picture of the Ozma skateboard?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Beard

camaroballa22

Quote from: jules on July 08, 2012, 03:28:02 PM
Quote from: camaroballa22 on July 08, 2012, 02:42:59 PM
lysol uncensored and sealed
Not asking for much?  :lol:

Well.. Maybe. That one is. Very high on my holy grail
List. Most of that other stuff doesn't interest me too much.
That Lysol unsensored and the electroretard test pressing are easily 1 and 1a for me.
I'm a huge Beatles fan too, that sealed unsensored Lysol is like the butcher cover first state for me. Having the Lysol sealed ensures that the tape has not been removed via heat gun or blow dryer.
Got enough money saved to pull the trigger on both when I see them.

Forgot another holy Grail too, the Melvin's live at slims 8 track.
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

Beard

All 12 singles + an original GPT. That's not too much to ask, is it?  :P

jules

Holy Grails (have) for me would be the Electroretard test press, the The End test press and the 6 swastikas.

Holy Grails (want) would be the Fan Club newsletters/video/etc., the other skateboard and, yes, a sealed uncensored Lysol LP.

Oh, and a set of the Nirvana/Melvins splits in all the colour variations. They're the last on my list, though, as they're so expensive and you're never really sure if you're going to get a bootleg or not.

Idlehanz

Wasn't there a link somewhere to find out the difference between the real and bootlegged Melvins/Nirvana split?  I've had mine for at least 15 years, and I believe it's real, but I'd like to know for sure.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: jules on July 08, 2012, 06:51:13 PM
Holy Grails (have) for me would be the Electroretard test press, the The End test press and the 3 swastikas.

Holy Grails (want) would be the Fan Club newsletters/video/etc., the other skateboard and, yes, a sealed uncensored Lysol LP.

Oh, and a set of the Nirvana/Melvins splits in all the colour variations. They're the last on my list, though, as they're so expensive and you're never really sure if you're going to get a bootleg or not.
What other skateboard?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: Idlehanz on July 08, 2012, 07:00:43 PM
Wasn't there a link somewhere to find out the difference between the real and bootlegged Melvins/Nirvana split?  I've had mine for at least 15 years, and I believe it's real, but I'd like to know for sure.
Was it this?

http://www.sliver.it/nirvana/test/pages/counterfeits/here_she.html

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 08, 2012, 07:09:05 PM
Holy Grails (have) for me would be the Electroretard test press, the The End test press and the 3 swastikas.

What other skateboard?
:lol:

I thought there was another board with the Stoner Witch design on it.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: jules on July 08, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

What other skateboard?

That's a snowboard!!

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 08, 2012, 07:18:23 PM
Quote from: jules on July 08, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

What other skateboard?

That's a snowboard!!
Really? Oh yeah, I remember now!   #-o  :lol: