Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegitMan93

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 04, 2010, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on March 04, 2010, 06:39:34 PM
Houdini, Nude with Boots, and Chicken Switch.
Howd you like Chicken Switch?

A few of the tracks were pretty cool. Some were hilarious. Others were a little uninteresting, but for the most part, I enjoyed it. Still, nothin' beats the original songs, I guess.

molotov

Idlehanz

This came in the mail today from HydraHead, along with some extra stuff.  HH knows how to treat their customers.  Good stuff.

gesundheit

Have you heard [OTHER] before?

Idlehanz

Nope....I was very surprised to get it though.  Good?

They sent me 3 band/album promo posters, 3 cd's and about 6 stickers.  A lot of extra's for just buying an album.  I'm pretty stoked to open a box and see all that stuff.  Very cool of them.

gesundheit

Most people I know that like ambient like anything Lustmord does...so I'm not the best measure. I like it...but I don't like a lot of ambient.

You know that's the one with Buzz on it, right?

Definitely seems like you got a special treatment...hmmm?  :-k

>>>JZS<<<

OTHER [DUB]  is the shit, really good stuff.....and I would agree that Hydrahead treats their customers really well.

Idlehanz

Quote from: gesundheit on May 03, 2010, 09:28:38 PM

Definitely seems like you got a special treatment...hmmm?  :-k
It does seem that way.  If anything, I pissed them off right before I paid for it, so I'm not sure why I got all sorts of extra's.  Shit, I'd have been happy just to get the record.  Which I am.  Wish I could have gotten on the orange ASA box set.

rictus

Quote from: molotov on April 14, 2010, 04:20:02 AM
"Houdini" (1993).

:)

I like your collection, it's very impressive. It's not all 'show-offy' either.

MeddlingCrybaby

Quote from: Idlehanz on May 03, 2010, 09:22:06 PM

They sent me 3 band/album promo posters, 3 cd's and about 6 stickers.  A lot of extra's for just buying an album.  I'm pretty stoked to open a box and see all that stuff.  Very cool of them.
How did you get just the black album, if you didn't get the recent box set?  I bet you were all, Hi Hydrahead, can I haz black album? Hydrahead: No way doodz u r 2 late! Idlehandz: BITCHEZ I AM IDLEHANDZ FROM MELVINS.NET!!!  Hydrahead: Uh oh sorry dudez LOL my badz you get black album now SO SORRYZ!
Fester Rules You Drool

>>>JZS<<<

Idlehanz

Quote from: MeddlingCrybaby on May 04, 2010, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on May 03, 2010, 09:22:06 PM

How did you get just the black album, if you didn't get the recent box set?  I bet you were all, Hi Hydrahead, can I haz black album? Hydrahead: No way doodz u r 2 late! Idlehandz: BITCHEZ I AM IDLEHANDZ FROM MELVINS.NET!!!  Hydrahead: Uh oh sorry dudez LOL my badz you get black album now SO SORRYZ!
I asked them if I could buy one through them and they said yes.  Er, Yez.  Or somethings  :?

Dumpster D

Things I did not Include in the photo ARE;

T-shirt (white one with Skull on it that just sez Melvins from the 2000 tour)
and I forgot to put in the deep six Cassette (sealed)

things I USED to have;

-Hat 7''s
-night goat 7''
-with yo' heart not yo' hands 7''
-dale crover Drumb 7"
-electroretard CD
sawed off 7"
about 2 dozen posters and various handbills etc...too numerous to mention. 
(my ex wound up with those, EEEK!)

super suprized there weren't more Cassettes in everyone collections! ~

if anyone wants to sell or trade for cassettes...talk to me people!

also I havent seen anyone else use some of the liner sleeve artwork instead of the cover art like I have...
but if you're now thinking of doing such a thing..please think of me when you do! ~

LOVE :

-J

P.s. I think the melvins deliberately started putting art inside their covers like that for this exact purpose!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dumpster D

P.P.S. The orange Trilogy sticker is really just a Snivlem release, there needs to be another Snivlem release one day.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Dumpster Diver on May 17, 2010, 05:09:15 AM
Things I did not Include in the photo ARE;

T-shirt (white one with Skull on it that just sez Melvins from the 2000 tour)
and I forgot to put in the deep six Cassette (sealed)

things I USED to have;

-Hat 7''s
-night goat 7''
-with yo' heart not yo' hands 7''
-dale crover Drumb 7"
-electroretard CD
sawed off 7"
about 2 dozen posters and various handbills etc...too numerous to mention. 
(my ex wound up with those, EEEK!)

super suprized there weren't more Cassettes in everyone collections! ~

if anyone wants to sell or trade for cassettes...talk to me people!

also I havent seen anyone else use some of the liner sleeve artwork instead of the cover art like I have...
but if you're now thinking of doing such a thing..please think of me when you do! ~

LOVE :

-J

P.s. I think the melvins deliberately started putting art inside their covers like that for this exact purpose!

Cassettes are great.  Did you use the orange sticker from the trilogy as a cd cover?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus