HAT and GPT reissues up for pre-order!

Started by rimb, November 13, 2020, 12:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MooSook

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 22, 2021, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: MooSook on February 22, 2021, 04:20:35 PM
Did anybody here pre-order these albums through Amazon and receive them yet? I'm kind of annoyed that the Blixt store is on its second repress and I still haven't gotten mine.
The official release date is the 26th, so amazon orders will prob. start shipping soon after that.
Some people have gotten some orders, but I'm guessing the majority of people who ordered are still waiting.
I ordered from Ipecac, nothing yet. It seems like the 'working' album was shipped out earlier than the other two, though.. I've seen people that ordered all three receive just the WWG album.

Ahh thanks! Also, of course as soon as I took the time to register just to post this question, I got an email from Amazon saying HAT will be at my house on Friday! GPT is estimated b/w March2-25 though, bummer. No idea what color either!

Tobias

Quote from: laptop sorcery on February 19, 2021, 12:49:39 AM
Quote from: dead mike on February 17, 2021, 09:33:03 AM
Youse guys who got notices -- did you buy from Blixt, Europecac store, or other?
ordered from Blixt, and received a shipping notice yesterday (wed)
I got a notice that the label was created on the 17th and no updates since. I ordered thru Blixt too
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Colonel Cheese

bUTTHOLEmAN

Via melvins social media, there's been a delay in the HAT pink/yellow versions, they'll be shipped out asap.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Jozzy

I must have gotten lucky because I ordered mine through Blixt and got mine early last week.

GiveMe45

HAT was already sold out when I ordered GPT and Working With God so I got it from Bleep.  Got notice the other day that it shipped and should take 5-7 business days but no link for tracking

Hot Pants

just got pink HAT and listened to side 1. wife is on a zoom meeting so I can't crank side 2 for  30-45 minutes... ahhhhhhggg.

middle of the road as far as sound quality goes, but it's flat and not too horribly noisy. but it is pink, the packaging is great and it's fucking HAT!! on vinyl.

this album is pure FUN from start to finish and this release is very fun.

I'm a happy Melvins fanatic right now.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

CoryCory

Just got both vinyl re-issues today though I didn't listen to them just yet. The new artwork on Gluey is solid. Gluey has brand new liner notes, mainly detailing the recording process, the disastrous 1986 tour, Buzz's hatred for 7 Seconds and Eye Flys. Buzz does praise Carl Herlofssen for teaching them a lot of studio tricks and establishing the band's speedy and productive work ethic.

The HAT liner notes are pretty straight to the point. Buzz talks about how it's among one of the best things the band ever did, how the relationship with Toshi was established and that the whole album was tracked and mixed in 10 days, with the sessions no more than nine hours. He also jokes about how he'll never hear the vinyl as he prefers CDs.

Long overdue for a proper vinyl night.

moose

Wow it'd be cool if they WOULD test out the vinyl so maybe Ipecac would raise their sound quality standards.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

JFKC

I got my gluey porch treatments yesterday, the lime green one,I hadn't listened  to this record in a long time, it sounds fucking great, love it. Still waiting on my hat ones

Chief Ten Beers

Weird. CD Universe shipped my H.A.T. & WWG today, yet GPT is still on backorder. Not a big deal, I'm patient.

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Got my pink HAT yesterday and played side 1 today. I think it sounds great, better than the CD (more detailed), but I recently changed my cartridge and can't make a full review until I get my original cartridge replaced. The liner notes are awesome

Also, I was super dubious about getting this as all Ipecac vinyl I have sounds like shit. This one is a HUGE improvement, and no warping!
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

Garnz

Just picked up my complete order today, GPT, HAT and WwG  :D

CoryCory

HAT sounds fine, just a bit of warp on it. GPT sounds really good on first listen though the labels are on the wrong sides  :lol: