atp 25-27 may 2012 curated by atp +mogwai (melvins, slayer, sleep...)

Started by norecess, November 09, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Melvins in Ally Pally! I'm so glad I was born when I was. Thanks, norecess, for taking my mind away from how to behead rictus for all the psychological damage he's done today.  :)

oldernie

damn someone got a post on this up quick, i thought i might be the first to start this topic,

personally hoping melvins and mudhoney fall on the same day, that will be enough for me.
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.

jules

Quote from: oldernie on November 09, 2011, 11:19:29 AM
damn someone got a post on this up quick, i thought i might be the first to start this topic,

personally hoping melvins and mudhoney fall on the same day, that will be enough for me.
25th - Sleep and Melvins

26th - Mogwai and Mudhoney

Why wish for one night of bliss when you can have two?

oldernie

Quote from: jules on November 09, 2011, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 09, 2011, 11:19:29 AM

25th - Sleep and Melvins

26th - Mogwai and Mudhoney

Why wish for one night of bliss when you can have two?

i thought you knew by now how lazy i am, this means i have to actually leave the house 2 nights in a row.
and 2 journeys to london, which is still cheaper than staying in london i imagine.
anyway i might pass on mudhoney as ive not long ago seen them, depend how much money i have in  may.and how many other nights i intend to leave the house and see bands.
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."

jules

Quote from: oldernie on November 09, 2011, 11:35:43 AM
and how many other nights i intend to leave the house and see bands.
This begs the question, how often do you see bands whilst still inside your house?

norecess

25th - Sleep and Melvins

nice that they play on the same day! might consider a weekend in london now...

edit: and slayer plays on friday too! ok it's pretty much a done deal now. for one day though.

buddy holiday

is it in london or minehead? cool... i might go, next year i have 15yrs aniversary at my employers and get 15 days extra holiday!

edit: just read it is in london...  :D

jules

Quote from: norecess on November 09, 2011, 12:14:12 PM
25th - Sleep and Melvins

nice that they play on the same day! might consider a weekend in london now...
If you promise not to make me drink and smoke as much as you, you can crash at mine. You have about eight litres more blood to soak it all up than me.

buddy holiday

so this could be a get together for euro-board members... stallion? schnab?

jules

Quote from: buddy holiday on November 09, 2011, 12:18:06 PM
so this could be a get together for euro-board members... stallion? schnab?
Schnab will probably be having more children around that time and not be able to go.

norecess

Quote from: jules on November 09, 2011, 12:17:29 PM
If you promise not to make me drink and smoke as much as you, you can crash at mine. You have about eight litres more blood to soak it all up than me.

i would have drank much more if i didn't have to work the next day :)

thanks for the offer. will let you know once i know what my definitive plans are... i think we will go there friday only and spend the saturday sight seeing as i have never seen london really except for watching the melvins at scala once.

oldernie

seeing the rest of london will be shit in comparison to seeing the melvins at the scala, that is a decent smallish venue.

euro boredie meet up sounds cool, even better if some from outside europe make the trip too.

anyone know what gigs are like in al pal, isnt it quite big.
i nearly went to the last thing they atp had there but i didnt want to leave the house that night.

Alex-

Last year was with Portishead, PJ Harvey, GBYO, Swans, Liars.. I'm actually considering a full weekend pass on this, apperently Mogwai have a excellent taste of music. I heard that tommorow some names of the Magnum ATP in march will be announced too, for the ones who are interested.

WGB

The mogwai guys have great taste in music, they signed DeSalvo to their label.

desalvo - Oedipus Rising