atp 25-27 may 2012 curated by atp +mogwai (melvins, slayer, sleep...)

Started by norecess, November 09, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldernie

Quote from: Alex- on November 10, 2011, 10:19:43 AM
It will be the second time i'm seeing Mudhoney in London. The last time in the Electric Ballroom and they did a fenomenal job.. The first time I saw them was almost 6 years ago, and it was the first gig i've been to. I've seen them 3 times now, and every time it seemed they got a little better. Also very exited about Codeine :) Can't wait for the other names, there will be like 10 bands a day, if I remember correctly

was the elecrtic ballroom gig last year, if so i was there,
also i think mudhoney were the first band i went to london too see so they are kind of my first proper gig outside of local stuff, that was in the astoria i think, just found the date it was may 2004, so might be the same gig as you.
now everyone must be thinking how old is this old ernie guy.
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.

buddy holiday

my girl and i will go. we already scheduled our holiday around this time. it's going to be 2 weeks tour de england with the atp in the middle!

bummer that scratch acid is playing the march atp already... they would fit in there perfectly!

JUDY

YEAH. Count me IN. LONDON, here I come! (Ha. I said come)
I'm going to start saving my pennies.
I always said I wanted to travel more, guess now is my chance to see what England looks like.

I'm not saying anything bad about Mudhoney, but that friday gig is just fucking obscene!

SLAYER plays Reign in Blood?
Melvins being Melvins?
Gawd, I hope Sleep does Dopesmoker.

norecess

good call erichka! if you make it i'll buy a pint.

pre-sale starts tomorrow morning already...eeeh, that would be... lets say its just 14h15m from now :) be early! not sure how fast it will go but why take the chance?

lunica, me and a friend (he sometimes posts...smoghler) will be there on friday.. yeeha!

JUDY

Quote from: norecess on November 10, 2011, 01:46:43 PM

I'll take you up on that, good sir!!
Looking forward to it.
I'm getting a ticket for the friday gig, so consider me IN.
I'd love to visit the museums, Liverpool...and maybe visit Ireland, too.
I think I'd fit in there.
GUINNESS FACTORY, HERE I COME!!!

This is fantastic.

jules

Ireland's perfect. Might live there one day. Somewhere close to the De Barra pub in Clonakilty, near Cork. Used to be owned by Noel Redding. Full of accordions, fiddles and pipes every night of the week.

JUDY

Meet me there.
Fancy having a pint?
^ (that's me practicing my Brit talk there)

jules

Quote from: erichka on November 10, 2011, 02:15:17 PM
Meet me there.
Fancy having a pint?
Absolutely, old chap. Top hole. Meet you in the snug after a flutter on the gee-gees, what.

Faust

jules

rictus

Quote from: jules on November 09, 2011, 10:54:53 AMThanks, norecess, for taking my mind away from how to behead rictus for all the psychological damage he's done today.  :)

Just noticed this. Guess I better not go then.  8-[

That, and the lack of money.

Idlehanz

Quote from: norecess on November 10, 2011, 01:46:43 PM

Don't buy the hype!  I'm still waiting on my whiskey!   :P

JUDY

^Ha, ha!!

Quote from: jules on November 10, 2011, 03:12:40 PM
Quote from: erichka on November 10, 2011, 02:15:17 PM
Meet me there.
Fancy having a pint?
Absolutely, old chap. Top hole. Meet you in the snug after a flutter on the gee-gees, what.
Is this a kryptic message? I guess I need to study up on my Brit lingo.
Flutter gee-gee what you say?

(PAUL)

I did a google search for Meet you in the snug after a flutter on the gee-gees, what and it came up with something about horse racing.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jules

Quote from: (PAUL) on November 10, 2011, 05:55:53 PM
I did a google search for Meet you in the snug after a flutter on the gee-gees, what and it came up with something about horse racing.
snug - a cozy place in a pub
flutter - a bet
gee-gees - horses