atp 25-27 may 2012 curated by atp +mogwai (melvins, slayer, sleep...)

Started by norecess, November 09, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunica

that's a sign.
why else would you take it off unless you have plans.
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

JUDY

jules

Quote from: )))((( on December 15, 2011, 11:49:48 AM
I still hate London tho.
My best ever Friend, whose favourite band was Melvins coincidentally, hated London too. As do I. What broke my heart was when his hatred of London overtook his love of Melvins. I had to start going alone.

DO NOT go down the same route. Focus on the job at hand, and forget where you are. Plan your day well, go overground whenever possible, and leave lots of time for a read of the Guardian in a cool pub somewhere. One thing for London; there are many very, very cool pubs.

Train travel is FUN. You go very very fast and you can't hear a thing. Take a small balloon of brandy with you for increased delight.

Lunica

i love london! i used to go there all the time when i was a kid, and it was the first BIG city i really got to know. whats the film museum? or where is it? i know they have the skeleton of the elephant man in london, but the museum is not open to the public. i also went to this awesome museum there where they have an earthquake room. it looks like an asian supermarket, but you can hardly stand in there, because the whole thing is moving. i think it was south west of hyde park, could it be the natural history museum or the natural science museum? some shit like that. i also went to a huge dali exhibition in london - even cooler than the dali museum outside barcelona! and i love chinatown! just walking through it looking at all that weird stuff in the windows.. camden is also nice, but not really at night - you get asked "skunk? skunk? want some skunk?" like ten times just walking there.

jules

Quote from: Lunica on December 15, 2011, 12:30:51 PM
i also went to this awesome museum there where they have an earthquake room. it looks like an asian supermarket, but you can hardly stand in there, because the whole thing is moving.
Is it possible you were actually in Tokyo?

Lunica

no, the flight didn't take that long.. but i did once try to dig a whole in my friends garden to get to china. we found some old broken porcelain - must have been chinese. and china is close to japan, right? :D

Schnabster

Lunica

Schnabster

Quote from: Lunica on December 15, 2011, 01:12:34 PM
it looks huge!

It is, not as intimate as Koko Club, but overwelming, wonder how many stages they will have.

JUDY

That place looks amazing.

I don't necessary have to visit the film museum. Brian mentioned it, and I thought it looked interesting.

I'll be hoppy just so long as I make it to melvins!

I would, however, really like to go play with the toys at the Forbidden Planet place :)

Lunica

Schnabster

The location is really remote, in greater London, in a suburb, but the park and the palace looks amazing from bird perspective. On the website for Alexandra Palace they`ve pointed out a walking route from the nearest train station and tube, with 16 minutes walking from the station and 26 minutes walking from the tube. A cab is always a possibility, especially since the pound-course is very decent. (if you take 100 pounds today, you will, in Norwegian kroner pay 920 kroner vs 1100 - 1200 earlier) The bus stops at the train station. We have booked a hotel near Oxford Street, so the possibilites for transport are multiple.

Sincerly,
travel planner Schnab, with too much time on his hand, on a friday....

Lunica

hmm.
"Please note that the last tube from Wood Green Station leaves around midnight and the last train from Alexandra Palace Station leaves around Midnight."
they have this link on the site where you can pre-book taxi services to make it cheaper.

Schnabster

Quote from: Lunica on December 16, 2011, 02:55:19 AM
hmm.
"Please note that the last tube from Wood Green Station leaves around midnight and the last train from Alexandra Palace Station leaves around Midnight."
they have this link on the site where you can pre-book taxi services to make it cheaper.

Pre-booking for the trip back after the show is a must-do then. Perhaps has ATP also organized some buses to the centre of London also, if the capacity is set to 1000+? Norwegians never like to have things unplanned, plans are layed months before.  :lol: